Water/methanol injection

y2krtaf

My pick'em up runs a Vortech and am I thinking about adding a water/meth set up to it,and was wondering what peeps have used or recomend.

Who's kit or peice together your own

A little about the truck.

5.9 gas V8 stock bottom end

out of the box with a little port matching on the intake side set of Eddy performers

Mild Comp cam

Vortech making 8lbs.

42lb /hr injectors

3600 stall

3.92 gears

weighs 4400+

headers Bla Bla Bla you get the idea

Looks and sounds like this :yesnod

http://youtu.be/hjw6TiMAwj4

Just looking to help control intake air temps.

Learn me some knowledge

Alky control. Seen and used most of the others, only one I would recommend is Julios kit.

Alky control. Seen and used most of the others, only one I would recommend is Julios kit.

Splain please/links?

I AGREE!! I have been using ALKY CONTROL on my Vette for 4 years now. Good kit great customer sevice. Julio is great about helping out with any questions you may have I spent 1/2 hour getting info and had Julio explain how his set up works. I have had to replace a pump a year ago. Got some water in my METH. I RUN 100% METH ONLY. Julio was great diagnosing weather to rebuild or replace. Rust on the bolts ment the pump was shot. ALKY CONTROL FOR ME. SLAMMER

I AGREE!! I have been using ALKY CONTROL on my Vette for 4 years now. Good kit great customer sevice. Julio is great about helping out with any questions you may have I spent 1/2 hour getting info and had Julio explain how his set up works. I have had to replace a pump a year ago. Got some water in my METH. I RUN 100% METH ONLY. Julio was great diagnosing weather to rebuild or replace. Rust on the bolts ment the pump was shot. ALKY CONTROL FOR ME. SLAMMER

Good to here! Hopefully in the not too distant future,the blue one will be next.

I pieced together a pretty slick system using some of the Snow Performance kit on a Ford GT. Ended up using a 3 gallon fuel cell. Finding a place to put that was the biggest challenge lol

joe@cpr.com

I pieced together a pretty slick system using some of the Snow Performance kit on a Ford GT. Ended up using a 3 gallon fuel cell. Finding a place to put that was the biggest challenge lol

that ford gt was hhhnnnnngggggg/10

• 4 weeks later...

I think AIS makes a tank that fits the rear cubby of a C6. AEM makes a good kit too. That's what I'm ordering to keep my Vortech IAT's in order. I saw 198F on the dyno today and the tune was pulling 4* of timing. That's a decent amount of power I'm throwing away without meth.

AEM will not support or work long with 100% meth. Alky control is the only kit I've seen setup to run 100% meth. If you want to do 50/50 then go for it, but you are missing out on a lot of the goodness. Sooner or later you will be upgrading to SS lines because the plastic lines crank/split/leak. Run all SS lines with whatever kit you get.

The AEM website says it works with 100% meth, they just don't recommend it for health and safety reasons.

Anything with all the plastic lines will deteriorate. Plus teh pump is setup for push loc lines so if you want to adapter later you can't even do that.

It depends on how large your jet is, how large your tank is, and how often you find yourself in a scenario where the meth is spraying.

I run a 50/50, but it is solely for cooling, since I am strictly E85. Water can cool the charge more readily than straight meth, which is my main objective; plus I really don't need a car that can't pass a breathalyzer after injesting two different undiluted types of alcohol. Those looking for more power will find about 4% more of it when using straight meth, when compared to 50/50 water/methanol injection.

Under boost, I typically see boost IATs below ambient, which is way cool.

Another pun, which interestingly has nothing to do with geometry, for those of you following along at home.

I filled up when I installed my kit 8-9 months ago, haven't refilled it yet. Just picked up some more because it has to be running low sooner or later. It only sprays when you hit a set boost level so 99% of the time I drive the car it doesn't use any.

Intakes temps yesterday when it was 110F outside were right around 75F. Not bad at all.