Restaurant Idea(s)

SL1D3R

I have been kicking around a few restaurant ideas and have finally reached a point where my thinking has begun to stabilize itself.

Since I am fairly skilled at making breakfast, the plan is to open up a place that provides quick, healthy, breakfast and lunch items; also including smoothies and coffee...and certain special menu items on specific days; like tater tots / biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and waffles, etc. (for those who are not too concerned about calories).

It will be a cross between D'Lish in Scottsdale and Royal Grinders in Fremont, Seattle.

I can already make some pretty good breakfast items, like hash browns, scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, and pancakes, but I need to spend some time experimenting with various sub sandwich / grinder recipes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SL1D3R

• Unreal

• Steve@LPM

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question ? are you a CHEF....? It sounds like a fun enterprise.

JLs Mistress

Are these items something you have cooked ? Or are the photos just for reference ?

Are these items something you have cooked ? Or are the photos just for reference ?

Just for reference. The last two pictures are of Royal Grinders sandwiches and will look similar to my design.

The breakfast pictures are some things that I could probably do rather easily...with the right ingredients.

I have already made blueberry pancakes (which are my favorite). They're pretty easy to master. Breakfast sandwiches are simple, too.

I really just need to contact some butcher/meat shops and cheesemakers in order to start matching items and ingredients. I also need to figure out what kind of breads to use.

If I had a decent grill I could work some magic:

Posted Image

Research it, if it works, then DO IT

It'll work.

There is a market for these products and almost zero competition.

Would you rather have a freshly made, toasted grinder for $6.99 or a disgusting Subway abomination for $4.99?

I am simply taking two proven and very successful ideas and putting my own spin on them.

Guest badbobs95

Research it, if it works, then DO IT

It'll work.

There is a market for these products and almost zero competition.

Would you rather have a freshly made, toasted grinder for $6.99 or a disgusting Subway abomination for $4.99?

I am simply taking two proven and very successful ideas and putting my own spin on them.

Best of luck! Everyone knows I love to eat! :eat::eat::eat::eat:

There was this mom & pops sub shop in NJ close to McGuire AFB and I used to get subs there all the time. instead of pre-packaged meats & Cheeses, they would slice and dice in front of the customer and pile everything on until the sub looked right. A 6 inch sub was more than most normal people could possibly eat (with the exception of BadBob)and reasonably priced too. I'm tired of all bun, little meat shopes (Subway included) so please take that into consideration.

There was this mom & pops sub shop in NJ close to McGuire AFB and I used to get subs there all the time. instead of pre-packaged meats & Cheeses, they would slice and dice in front of the customer and pile everything on until the sub looked right. A 6 inch sub was more than most normal people could possibly eat (with the exception of BadBob)and reasonably priced too. I'm tired of all bun, little meat shopes (Subway included) so please take that into consideration.

I hate it when businesses nickel and dime their customers. I won't be the guy that counts slices of meat and cheese. I have to be proud of my product. If I wouldn't eat it, I don't expect you to, either.

I will incorporate the Kat'z Deli mantra: the more meat the better.

Posted Image

wickedfastvette

So how many years experience do you have in the industry? Have you had a restaurant before?

My family owned a restaurant. Making good food is easy. Making a profit on it is not. What is the cost to make any of that? And what can you sell it for? Include overhead, paying servers, etc. If you have to sell the pancakes for $8 to make money, will anyone pay that? Can you make enough to support the need? One cook busting out hundreds of orders isn't easy.

Best of luck.

My family owned a restaurant. Making good food is easy. Making a profit on it is not. What is the cost to make any of that? And what can you sell it for? Include overhead, paying servers, etc. If you have to sell the pancakes for $8 to make money, will anyone pay that? Can you make enough to support the need? One cook busting out hundreds of orders isn't easy.

Best of luck.

Won't be too difficult.

It'll just be me and a few other people (friends) working there. I'm not going to be hiring a ton of people.

We're still ironing out the details and technical aspects. I still need to contact distributors and figure out prices.

I am modeling it after Royal Grinders in Seattle, WA.

From what I can tell, the co-owner at Grinders works almost every day and usually has 1-2 assistants. They are open for lunch and dinner, make delicious sandwiches, and also offer gelato. It's a small place and they keep it very simple. But, they also consistently make awesome food.

To be successful, location plays a huge role, but you also need an affordable product, with high quality ingredients, and consistency.

We have a sub shop like that down here, they cut everything right in front of you... god its good now I want to go eat there lol.

I hate it when businesses nickel and dime their customers. I won't be the guy that counts slices of meat and cheese. I have to be proud of my product. If I wouldn't eat it, I don't expect you to, either.

I will incorporate the Kat'z Deli mantra: the more meat the better.

people also eat with their eyes. I love the Jewish delis of New York with a pastrami stacked two inches high.

Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

If its going to be in Chandler Melissa and I will be there a few times a week :eat:

I hate to brag but I make the BEST pancakes AND they are usually very low in fat. See below...

Posted Image

Poppyseed Pancakes

Posted Image

Carrot Cake Pancakes

Posted Image

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

Posted Image

Mint Chocolate Pancakes

Posted Image

Sweet Potato Pancakes

Posted Image

Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes

This is a small percentage of the pancake creations I have made. Inb4 pancake obsession.

Steve, my wife is out of town for the next 3 week so if you want to come make me pancakes, I'll let you drive the vette.