Camp Verde cruise and BBQ 5/8/04

BSeery

Well,

Another great ACE cruise, and thanks to Keith and Kelly Ayotte, a great lunch and refreshments to enjoy.

For those that did not attend:

We met up at McKellips and Country Club and headed north on the 87 towards Payson. We made one stop to get everybody back together and make sure no one was broke down or carsick. After that we continued up into Payson for a rest and refreshment break there as well. Seeing all 10 Vettes together in that small lot looked pretty nice.

From there we pulled out and headed west on Highway 260. That took us through the rest of Payson and then Pine and Strawberry (did you see the chickens ?).

We got some nice "spirited" driving in for those that wanted to and managed to make sure those that liked the legal speed limit were not left on their own.

Once in Camp Verde we headed over to Keith and Kelly's place where they had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, soda, snacks, and plenty of desert. We all hung around, got our fill of food and drink and slowly trickled out and headed back south to the scorching heat of the Phoenix area.

All in all a very nice cruise. Some people got more sun than they needed, and some cars were warmer than others but (as far as I know) we all made it back in one piece.

A big thanks to Keith and Kelly for providing the place and food for this event. I think we all had a wonderful time and your dogs got some new people to play with them.

Next up on the calendar -- May 22nd, a get together to work on my C3, remove and replace the transmission. We will be doing lunch and drinks as well and we have been invited to a new member's garage to do the work. He has a full car lift and evaporative cooling for the garage.

After that, June 12th - the 2nd Annual Topless Cruise and on the 19th of June - Vettes at Sunset.

Click on the Calendar button in the upper right corner of your screen, and then look for each event. Click on them for more details, or contact me at AZCorvette@cox.net .

:howdy: :burnout:

(see ya on the road)

Definitely a great time! Glad our two lost sheep finally found their way home(sorry Tanya, couldn't resist)! :lol:

Second the big THANKS to our hosts and their dogs for the entertainment. :thumbs:

3,503 lbs of trouble
All in all a very nice cruise. Some people got more sun than they needed, and some cars were warmer than others but (as far as I know) we all made it back in one piece.

Desertdawg

Had a great time, me and Dennis, (78SA) made it home ok, even if we did do 65 on I 17. :o

Thanks Keith & Kelly :cheers:

3,503 lbs of trouble
Had a great time, me and Dennis, (78SA) made it home ok, even if we did do 65 on I 17. :o

Guest XLR8TNC5

Indeed a heck of a good time. Thanks again Kelly and Keith.

Yeah, so I got lost on the way up there. My own fault for following Larry and Carol. (J/K) But we did make it finally. :P

I definitely got too much sun with the top out, but it was so nice, I just could not help it. I still have not put the top back on yet.

Can't wait to see you all again soon.

I am planning on attending the Sunset Topless Cruise. Now, when you say "topless" you mean...Oh, you meant the CARS! :lol:

:cheers:

Desertdawg
Now, when you say "topless" you mean...Oh,

Tanya, in your case, we will let it slide if you decide to join the skins team on this cruise. :thumbs: :o

It was our pleasure, thanks for wearing out our pups. Didn't have anything left in them.

Later, Keith n' Kelly