Benefit Car Show for Families of Lost AZ. Firefighters Sat. July 27th

JLs Mistress

JLs Mistress
Memorial Car Show to Benefit the Families
of our 19 Fallen Heroes from the
Granite Mountain Hot Shot Crew
Benefit Car Show to be held Saturday July 27th from 5 to 9 p.m.
in the Phoenix Metrocenter Mall SE corner parking lot.
(I-17 & Dunlap, across from Castles & Coasters)
100% of all funds raised to go to the 19 families

An email was received from the same folks who organized the 'Fallen Hero' charity show for the lost firefighter and police officer last month asking the entire car community to come together Sat. July 27th at Metro Center Mall near Castles and Coasters in order to give to the families of the 19 brave men who lost their lives this week. The time is from 5p-9p with no set fee but rather give what you can. I would love to see the entire LX community come together for this and show our love and support to those who walk toward danger instead of from it.

Please spread the word, they are expecting well over 1,000 cars from all over the state.

wickedfastvette

"even if you don't like doing car shows just come out visit with friends and fellow enthusiasts it's for a very good cause."

East side meeting spot

OK, on the east side of Arizona Mills there is a really nice empty parking area that nobody uses by El Polo Loco in the Mall parking lot. Great place for the east-siders to meet, easy access to the freeway. We should meet at 3:15, leave at 3:30 to be at the meet spot at Metro at 4:00. BadBob figured this out all by myself with no help!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

new time as of 7-23-13

Time : meet at 4:00 pm at Red Loster depart no later than 4:15 for show

10220 N 28th Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85051, United States

"park south of the Red Lobster at the north side of Metro Center. To get there, exit the I-17 at Peoria Avenue, go west to N 28 Drive and turn south. Enter the Red Lobster parking lot and meet the group to the rear of the restaurant. From there we will all leave together and enter the show as a group."

Posted Image

The List who's who

wickedfastvette

C4orce2

suprone

Desertdawg

Ted Yoder

BlknBlu

Cu4L84

badbobs95

Scratch

y2ktch ?

Chameleon

HOXXOH

LT95

Tbad

wildchild

08Z51

coconut girl X2

Cross X2 or 2.5 total

MB06Z06

Schmitty

Marco ????

wolph27

FDNY343

Justinsane

Ray

c4blast

bluecomet46

mrhusker

SmokinAces

black beauty

old yeller

94transamgt

Porvette

HarleyPat

JNoNe

joestrazz

Vettetester

YumaRich

NDAGRUV ?

Ken07

roneva

LastC3

aenigma

ChadC

C4inmesa

wolph27

quadracr

SpeedyChase

finallyavette

JL's

51total still have more room

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JLs Mistress

• wickedfastvette

• C4orce2

• Desertdawg

Sounds great. Count me in. Let's get a good turnout from ACE!!!

wickedfastvette

Is there a link or something to the information if there is I will promote it up here in Prescott!

Desertdawg

Would be cool to see ACE roll out for this one, I'll do my best to make it...

JLs Mistress

If we have a 100 cars go to the BBQ why can't we have 100 cars for this great event and support the family's of the 19 Fireman . As dawg said "see ACE roll out for this one". I'm in...

Some one should add this to the Upcoming Calendar Events ,,,

Assuming there will be a lot of us, we could all meet up somewhere else at Metro Center and drive in together so we can park together. Otherwise with 1,000-1,500 cars there it will be hard to get together or even find each other.

Cool,I'm inn. Would be wesome to have a whole row of Vettes that's wat always gets attention for other Corvette owners to join ACE

Guest badbobs95

Assuming there will be a lot of us, we could all meet up somewhere else at Metro Center and drive in together so we can park together. Otherwise with 1,000-1,500 cars there it will be hard to get together or even find each other.

Oh Larry, you are so smart! Did I just say that? Somebody that knows the area can pick a meeting place say around 4:30 and meet there.

Oh Larry, you are so smart! Did I just say that? Somebody that knows the area can pick a meeting place say around 4:30 and meet there.

How about Cave Creek Sports Complex, it's just North of Dunlap on 25th Ave. plenty of parking and easy access to Metro Center's South entrance.

Guess it sucks being me. I know, most will agree. Not enough time left to take another day off. I will just have to send in a donation.

Desertdawg

If we have a 100 cars go to the BBQ why can't we have 100 cars for this great event ,,,

Because Dawg wont be cooking BBQ for this event... :lol

JLs Mistress

If we have a 100 cars go to the BBQ why can't we have 100 cars for this great event ,,,

Because Dawg wont be cooking BBQ for this event... :lol

Hmmmmm why don't you bring your BBQ

JLs Mistress

If this keeps up might need to start a list ..

If we have a big turnout would be nice to meet on the west side of I-17 , But the Cave Creek Sports Complex would work .

There is a big parking lot at 28dr and Larkspur NE corner . Could go down 28dr or I-17 access road ?

Also a big parking lot at Dunlap and N 29 ave NE corner . 29 ave is the main road into MC on the Dunlap side ... I will check it out ...

If this keeps up might need to start a list ..

If we have a big turnout would be nice to meet on the west side of I-17 , But the Cave Creek Sports Complex would work .

There is a big parking lot at 28dr and Larkspur NE corner . Could go down 28dr or I-17 access road ?

Also a big parking lot at Dunlap and N 29 ave NE corner . 29 ave is the main road into MC on the Dunlap side ... I will check it out ...

Check out the Sears lot on the NW part of the loop and see how much space is available this Saturday. I'm guessing you could stage over 200 cars and have a non-stop rollout to the SE corner. Also need a scouting party to direct traffic and assist parking to assure we all park together.

Let's get a count of cars. I can contact the event holders to ask how we can all get to park together.

Let's get a count of cars. I can contact the event holders to ask how we can all get to park together.

When you do, ask them when we should get together. With that many cars coming, showing up at 4:45 may be way too late. Just another idea, when we all meet to cruise in together, we should all give our contributions to someone like you or Dawg as representatives of ACE, so instead of each of us giving $20 or so individually, we could have one large contribution from ACE and then have all of us go in together. Just my 2cents. Not sure how they want to handle the contributions so this idea may not make any sense.

When you do, ask them when we should get together. With that many cars coming, showing up at 4:45 may be way too late. Just another idea, when we all meet to cruise in together, we should all give our contributions to someone like you or Dawg as representatives of ACE, so instead of each of us giving $20 or so individually, we could have one large contribution from ACE and then have all of us go in together. Just my 2cents. Not sure how they want to handle the contributions so this idea may not make any sense.

Their link states they may be collecting as individual cars pass to enter the area, unlike last show.