Blower cams for a centri

Jon

I'm wanting more power already and a cam is a good way to get some with a blower car.

I can get a used cam ground by Predator Cams for $175 from buddy back east.

224/230 .581/.592 115+5

IVO 2

IVC 42

EVO 55

EVC -5

Overlap -3*

Or I can have Bullet Racing grind me a custom one. I was thinking 227/237 .625/.625. That's their HR281/HR291 .3677 lobes.

On a 117+5

IVO 1.5

IVC 45.5

EVO 60.5

EVC -3.5

Overlap -2*

On a 116+4

IVO 1.5

IVC 45.5

EVO 58.5

EVC -1.5

Overlap 0*

On a 115+3

IVO 1.5

IVC 45.5

EVO 56.5

EVC .5

Overlap 2*

On a 115+4

IVO 2.5

IVC 44.5

EVO 57.5

EVC -.5

Overlap 2*

What say you all?

Holy chit, too many numbers for my brain!! I just called Andy at A & A and asked what set up worked best for a mild set up. I wanted good drivability with out too much SHAKE. Comp cam ground me a cam here is the invoice;

post-1350-0-45013100-1371999474_thumb.jp

joe@cpr.com

The bullet Racing cam is damn near identical to the one in nails car and his drives absolutely perfect. With you having more cubes and a faster computer it can only help :) I would do the bullet cam

What Joe said, but there maybe other options too depending if you want more power. That cam will drive great. I would do the 115 LSA. You could go a bit more extreme if you want IMO.

You're forgetting that air coming in with a blower car is an absolute. The power you pick up from a cam only will be small. Essentially the power gained will be from less resistance on the motor driving the blower. Boost will also go down as volume remains a constant.

Bottom line you'll also be upping your boost to compensate for that loss if you want to see real big gains.

Yep. Boost will drop 2-3psi, then you drop a pulley size or two to get boost back up.

joe@cpr.com

Yup if you do this path Jon go with the upgraded head unit from a&a with the meth to cool the iat and than say holy shit!

The bullet Racing cam is damn near identical to the one in nails car and his drives absolutely perfect. With you having more cubes and a faster computer it can only help :) I would do the bullet cam

Whose car?

Yup if you do this path Jon go with the upgraded head unit from a&a with the meth to cool the iat and than say holy shit!

Lol.

The red c5 vert

Neil. Got it. I was like, "who the f*ck is Nails?". Haha.

Did Neils car get tuned yet? I would like to see his HP and Torque curves.

I called Mark at Bullet Cams this morning and my guess was pretty darn close to what he recommended. He wants me to use the .3561 lobes though since it's boosted and doesn't matter as much as an NA setup. Plus it will be easier on valve springs. His recommendation for my setup: 227/240 .605/.605 114+4 IVO 3.5 IVC 43.5 EVO 58 EVC 2 Overlap 5.5*

That last one I like a lot. Very similar to what I ran in the C5. Cam thought has made good progress since then and it shows.