Dash Pads

new vette 62

new vette 62

I have finally started to put my car back together. Talk about project creep. I was going to replace the engine and make it steer and stop good. Well the body is now off. So I put on a new brake line and fuel line. I also had the frame blasted and powder coated. Now I have come to the point to replace the dash pads and need them done correctly. Who would you recommend locally to do this. I had asked about who does turn brake rotors and was sent a PM and the person did an excellent job, so thanks for that. :bannana4: I have also included some pictures of my rear gear set up just in case somebody notices something wrong. I included two pictures with the motor, front end suspension, and tranny put in and on the car.

Thanks for the helppost-1213-0-39170900-1370112173_thumb.jppost-1213-0-33032300-1370112229_thumb.jppost-1213-0-67666700-1370112294_thumb.jppost-1213-0-95938000-1370112337_thumb.jp

We're doing a 65 frame off for a client ..... he choose to use Corvette America to supply his dash pads .... he's very pleased with the new ones .... and from what I can see, couldn't have had it done as well for the price .... #justmyopinion

Good luck with you project .... look forward to seeing it completed ...... :thumbs

Desertdawg

Looks damn nice and clean, can't wait to see the progress pictures....

Bromley's Corvettes

Check out the 63 dash I had done. Jeff at Upholstery Werks #480-430-1710 I have some pix of just the dash pads in my phone.

FWIW DONT run those gears like that. They are not setup properly!!

I agree. It looks like your back lash is too tight, for starters. Correct that, and make sure when you are checking the pattern, that you are putting a drag on the ring gear to load it a bit as you rotate the pinion.

Check out the 63 dash I had done. Jeff at Upholstery Werks #480-430-1710 I have some pix of just the dash pads in my phone.

That car is extremely sexy

Bromley's Corvettes

Yes it is all black and sexy and the interior smells good now not like a swamp lol.

new vette 62

FWIW DONT run those gears like that. They are not setup properly!!

I agree. It looks like your back lash is too tight, for starters. Correct that, and make sure when you are checking the pattern, that you are putting a drag on the ring gear to load it a bit as you rotate the pinion.

I am at 9 thousandths and the recommended is 8-12. I hate to get it too loose since everything is new and will wear some. I was putting pressure as I rotated it. Should I go to 11 thousandths?

Go to 11 and recheck the pattern. Did you get the gearset aftermarket? Sometimes the make their own specs outside of the factory ones.

That sure is one nice looking car you have there...

• 2 weeks later...
new vette 62

Thanks. I dropped the dash and pads off at Doug's shop. He said he would find someone to change the dash pads for me. Thanks Doug. I am going to open up the backlash on my gears a little more. They are US Gears from Tom's. I got the gears, the rebuild kit and a new posi-trac unit. The car originally didn't have it. I have pictures of almost everything if you like something else posted, let me know. Thanks post-1213-0-40291200-1371832203_thumb.jpIt's a roller.post-1213-0-09324600-1371832272_thumb.jpDash out.post-1213-0-94626900-1371832601_thumb.jpRear of frame assembled. post-1213-0-50988600-1371832808_thumb.jpTrim out ready to be cleaned, scuffed, and repainted

Coming along nicely ..... Very cool that you can do so much of the work your self ..... It will certainly mean a lot when completed ......

All I can say is WOW! Makes me want to either get busy and work on my car or just say F*#K it and sell it.

finallyavette

All I can say is WOW! Makes me want to either get busy and work on my car or just say F*#K it and sell it.

Same here. Pain, sell, and start on something else or really tear it down again.

Going to be a nice ride you have ...

• 2 weeks later...
new vette 62

Doug helped me out with my dash pads. There were some issues but they were handled extremely well and I am happy. Once again thanks Doug. I will post some before and after pictures when I have a chance.