Memorial Day Salute!

suprone

As the proud son of a Korean War Veteran Happy Memorial Day! To those who fought & will fight for our freedom! Here we... Suprone, Joe Strazz & Justinsane are with a Red, White & Blue Vette Salute!

Quicksilver98

I second that.......Salute to all the Vets! Thank You for your service.

As the proud son of a Korean War Veteran Happy Memorial Day!

To those who fought & will fight for our freedom!

Here we... Suprone, Joe Strazz & Justinsane are with a

Red, White & Blue Vette Salute!

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Very thoughtful salute, guys.

Thx,

Dave64

Thank you, It was an Honor and a privelage....

And to the many friends who did not come home, God Bless you.

To all my brothers and sisters in arms. Please take a moment today to stop and remember all that have sacrificed all for all.

Desertdawg

:usa::flag

Couldn't have said it any better.... Thanks to all who serve for our freedom!

It was a distnct Privelige AND Honor to serve this great Country!

When I went to Viet Nam, it was at the very beginning of "hostilities" there,, and I can assure you that all of us there truly believed that we were being called upon to defend democracy for that country.

Later in life (and in the process of "the war") we discovered that it was politically driven. Coming home in uniform, I heard that many were referred to as "baby killers" but I will share with you all that this statement (or it's perception) was NOT TRUE, at least in my two tours experience as an Infantry Medic & then as an "in flight medic" on a helicopter ambulance (second tour).

Actually, I found it to be quite the opposite, as all of the men I had the privelige of knowing were TRUE GENTELMEN in every respect, and treated the civilians with great respect and "adopted many families & children "as their own".

War is UGLY - I don't care where or when it occurs! Frankly I believe that we all should do our utmost to insure that we never engage in any type of war. There are many ways to deal with conflict other than war, and we do not fight hard enough to avoid physical confrontation.

Well, I'll "get off my "soap box", because all I wanted to really communicate was this:

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND REMEMBERANCES FOR THE VETERANS OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY, FROM OUR NATIONS BIRTH, UNTIL NOW. THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO PLACE THEMSELVES IN SERVICE TO THEIR COUNTRY AND THE CAUSE OF FREEDOM TRULY APPRECIATE THE GRATITUDE SHOWN TO THEM!

If you have the opportunity to visit with (or know of) Veterans within your spere of influence, please let them know how you feel. Especially those of World War 2, and those of Korea. They are leaving the ranks of the living too frequently, and NEED to be thanked for the sacrifices they have given!

I have always believed that the time is NOW to tell those who have a special meaning to you that they are loved and appreciated! WE CANNOT SAY THAT ENOUGH TO ONE ANOTHER! BESIDES, WHO DOESN'T TRULY ENJOY SOMEONE SPONTANEOUSLY COMING TO THEM WITH WORDS OF APPRECIATION?............................

Oh yes, our closing hymn will be...................... :P:rolleyes:thumbs

Guest badbobs95

It was a distnct Privelige AND Honor to serve this great Country!

When I went to Viet Nam, it was at the very beginning of "hostilities" there,, and I can assure you that all of us there truly believed that we were being called upon to defend democracy for that country.

Later in life (and in the process of "the war") we discovered that it was politically driven. Coming home in uniform, I heard that many were referred to as "baby killers" but I will share with you all that this statement (or it's perception) was NOT TRUE, at least in my two tours experience as an Infantry Medic & then as an "in flight medic" on a helicopter ambulance (second tour).

Actually, I found it to be quite the opposite, as all of the men I had the privelige of knowing were TRUE GENTELMEN in every respect, and treated the civilians with great respect and "adopted many families & children "as their own".

War is UGLY - I don't care where or when it occurs! Frankly I believe that we all should do our utmost to insure that we never engage in any type of war. There are many ways to deal with conflict other than war, and we do not fight hard enough to avoid physical confrontation.

Well, I'll "get off my "soap box", because all I wanted to really communicate was this:

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND REMEMBERANCES FOR THE VETERANS OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY, FROM OUR NATIONS BIRTH, UNTIL NOW. THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO PLACE THEMSELVES IN SERVICE TO THEIR COUNTRY AND THE CAUSE OF FREEDOM TRULY APPRECIATE THE GRATITUDE SHOWN TO THEM!

If you have the opportunity to visit with (or know of) Veterans within your spere of influence, please let them know how you feel. Especially those of World War 2, and those of Korea. They are leaving the ranks of the living too frequently, and NEED to be thanked for the sacrifices they have given!

I have always believed that the time is NOW to tell those who have a special meaning to you that they are loved and appreciated! WE CANNOT SAY THAT ENOUGH TO ONE ANOTHER! BESIDES, WHO DOESN'T TRULY ENJOY SOMEONE SPONTANEOUSLY COMING TO THEM WITH WORDS OF APPRECIATION?............................

Oh yes, our closing hymn will be...................... :P:rolleyes:thumbs

Well said bro! And let me be the first to say THANK YOU for your service. :flag:yeah:

Thank You everyone for doing what you did & do for this country. Very much appreciated. :flag:usa:

Curt, I was there '64-'65-&.66. We may have crossed paths. I was attached to the 114th Avn Co in the Delta at Vinh Long and flew Door gunner with the 2nd platoon (the White Knights) slicks). 2nd tour with the 560th MP co, 2nd Plt at Vung Tau. The theme of my C-5 when I show it is the White Knight in memory of our 72 crew members KIA in the Delta. My hat is off to you and all the other Brave crewmembers of Dust Off. You guys hung it all out going in to save the wounded under fire. Hot LZs were anything but fun. On memorial day my thoughts go back to the 72 crew members we lost from the 114th and the 8 MPs of the 560th. Hopefully we WILL cross paths at an ACE gathering.

Jack Garchow

Hey Jack!

My time there was 65-66 & 67, almost exclusively in the Central Highlands @ PLEIKU. First with the 25th Inf. Div. and second (back to back) tour was with the 498th Helicopter Ambulance Co. aka "DUSTOFF".

I pulled duty with Dustoff at Vung Tau for a couple of weeks, as one of our platoons that normally covered that area were "busy". Our unit was based in Nha Trang, with platoons at Da Nang as well as Pleiku.

Thinking about it, especially at this time of year, brings back the realization of how fragile life is as well as how unbelievably AWESOME "Man" can be in the face of death. I have been truly HONORED to have served with some of the BEST examples of humanity on the face of this earth.

God BLESS our troops, wherever and "whenever" they serve!!!!! May our Country live up to the freedoms they have provided, is my prayer.

Curt

Curt/Jack,

I know I speak for a lot of folks here, it would be a privilege to sit and listen to you two exchange your experiences. Should that day come at a get-together, I will be they guy sitting quietly nearby and listening intently. Thank you for all you gave.

Jim

Jim;

THANK YOU for your kind words!

I am looking forward to a time when we can all get together and meet! It's going to be a great day when we can sit around and enjoy each others company IN PERSON, versus here on the internet.

A little while back I was given a book from some fellow 'Nam Vet's who knew me very well (I lived in Washington state at the time), and they "knew my story" as we were all in the same Vets counseling group. They gave me a book that one of them had read that was sorta paralel to "my story" and was quite remarkable to me, as it was written by a man who literally "walked in my footprints" although he came to Viet Nam about three months after I arrived. That being said, his experiences that he wrote of were VERY similar to mine. It's VERY POSSIBLE that I may have treated him from the wounds he received, as not only was I flying with Dustoff at the time he was wounded, but he also was transported via Japan for stabiliazation and then on to Fitzsimmons General Hospital in Denver. At about the same time he arrived in Denver to be close to his family & treatment - I arrived from Viet Nam and was assigned to work the same Ward that he was hospitalized in!

So not only did we possibly cross paths in 'Nam, but I'm fairly certain I cared for him (again) in Denver! WOW!

As I read his book, it was like I was reading "my own life story". Just mentioning it here has gotten me to drag that book out again so that I may read it again.

The title is: 'RITES OF PASSAGE' (Odyssey of a Grunt) by Robert Peterson

IF one wants to read a first hand experience of Viet Nam (not that "hollywood" CRAP) - then this would make a good read. As I recall, there is no politics, or such involved, it's more like a daily journal, as I remember. My copy is in paperback and I don't know if it's even still available. It was published by Ballantine Books in New York.

I'm sorry for getting so far off the track - it just happened.

Again, God BLESS ALL of this nations Men and Women who have given of themselves to make and keep this great Nation for generations to live in and enjoy! Of all the countries I have been in, this is by far the greatest, freeist one of all!!