Update to Some Mofo stole my sons car

Quicksilver98

Quicksilver98

Kudo's to Tucson's finest! Got a call from the police today. The dumbass mofo that stole my sons car was pulled over today for a minor traffic violation. Low and behold when they checked the tags, which he still had on the car, they discovered it was stolen! They call me at work and ask me if I want to press charges. What kind of stupid question is that? Of course I do! To the max and throw in a few extra charges just for the hell of it! The butt head ripped out the stereo and speakers I got my son for christmas and trashed out the interior a bit. I will probably have to take him to small claims court to recover that but dont know if its worth the hassle....probably wont see a dime from him anyway. I don't know how much time he will get for auto theft. Not long enough im sure! I can only hope the dumbass has other warrants out for him.

Happyish ending to a crappy situation! I can't believe he was driving it around with the same plates. He truley is a dumb criminal.

yep, had more then our share this last 2 years

Glad to hear Quick. You would be amazed how many people say "No, i just want the car back" when I ask them if they want to press charges. Talk to the prosecutor if you get a chance and see if they can add a restitution fine when they go in to try to make a deal with the suspect (and they WILL offer him a deal, it is just how the system works). That way, when the bastard ends up on probation and fails to pay the fine, his $#it gets revoked and he goes directly (back) to jail.

Guest badbobs95

He probably got the idea from Fast & Furious where they glorify being a criminal. Sick M-F's. Best of luck putting it back together. :hang:

Desertdawg

Talk to the prosecutor if you get a chance and see if they can add a restitution fine when they go in to try to make a deal with the suspect (and they WILL offer him a deal, it is just how the system works). That way, when the bastard ends up on probation and fails to pay the fine, his $#it gets revoked and he goes directly (back) to jail.

Best answer of the day!

Talk to the prosecutor if you get a chance and see if they can add a restitution fine when they go in to try to make a deal with the suspect (and they WILL offer him a deal, it is just how the system works). That way, when the bastard ends up on probation and fails to pay the fine, his $#it gets revoked and he goes directly (back) to jail.

Best answer of the day!

Hasn't worked for me just yet. Had my Yukon broke into at work, went through all the BS, he got jail and there is a restitution factor at sentencing ($500)...still waiting :toetap

Glad they got him though!

Trust me, working for bank fraud depts I've been dealing with restitution for 18 yrs and its a joke! No, they don't send the turd to jail if he doesn't make the payments. Only the stupid or inexperienced actually make restitution payments. If you see restitution it will be $30 a month for the rest of eternity.

Quicksilver98

They must have yanked his butt out of the car and gave him no time to clean up. We went through it last nite and found old pay stubs with his name on it along with some other yahoo that worked at the same Mcdonalds about 5 miles down the road. (No doubt he was a partner to the theft) Think I will get a copy of the police report and photo copy these pay stubs and go down and talk to the manager at Mcdees and let him know what kind of model employees he has. Maybe I can get them canned for life at their restuarant at least. Karma is a Bitch!

Quicksilver98

Glad to hear Quick. You would be amazed how many people say "No, i just want the car back" when I ask them if they want to press charges. Talk to the prosecutor if you get a chance and see if they can add a restitution fine when they go in to try to make a deal with the suspect (and they WILL offer him a deal, it is just how the system works). That way, when the bastard ends up on probation and fails to pay the fine, his $#it gets revoked and he goes directly (back) to jail.

Thanks for the information. I will try to do this. I added everything up that was not recovered and it came to nearly 700.00. It would be nice to get atleast some of that back.

A few decades ago I was on detail to Tucson to reopen the Marana Station of the Sheriff's Dept and clone it after the Ajo Station. I rented a place and commuted home on week-ends. A local Tucson dirt bag and his Gothic friends broke in my house and stole my TV and some minor things that belonged to the county like my unmarked police car and the countys .357 Mag. They Burned the County car, Buryed to gun in a wash, and destroyed MY tv. The S/O went into a full court press mode and rounded up the 18yr old dirt bag and his Juvenile Mall Rats.

I got a letter from him asking for forgiveness, and the judicial system asking if I got restitution would I be satisfied, and to give the 18 year old lad (aka Dirt Bag) a chance as he had a clean adult record.

I doubt that my reply that his prison sentence would be restitution would please me, and that he had his chance BEFORE he broke into my house had any effect. The good news is that he went to prison for a few years 'cause he stole and destroyed Government Property. Guess I should have had Gov. Plates on my car and not the undercover ones so they would know what Not to steal. Mabey Not as neighbors reported the bunch of kids left my house full Code Three (lights and siren) No one said crooks are smart.

Good luck with the system. Demand more than a pound of flesh, and good for you for not just blowing it off.