OK, I'm new & looking for some tips.........

NDAGRUV

I'm a relatively new member and am wondering "who" are the "go to" folks for questions........

First question: I recently posted an add in the for sale forum and would like to "edit" it somewhat - HOW do I go about doing that? I've looked in the obvious areas but have found no assistance there.

Also, is there a member list of the persons "in office"? It would be nice to know who to go to if one had a particular question/issue. Also, is it "cool" to include phone numbers or email addresses within one's ad, or post? If I read the "tips" correctly it sounds like that is frowned upon, aand yet I see them within ads. NOT COMPLAINING!!!! Just looking to be "a good citizen".

Anyway, any advice as to navigation within our site would be appreciated.

THANKS!!!!

NDAGRUV

Look at the bottom of the main page where it says "The Moderating Team", we are your heavy-handed overlords :jim:

As far as including your name, etc in your signature, if it's your intent to use this forum as a means to sell and profit from such sales on a regular basis we require that you become an active participant in the forum first. Send a PM to the folks on the moderating team titled "Admin", we will then see exactly what your intent is and then make decisions from there. Vendor rules and guidelines are listed at the top of ACE Deals Section.

Just to point out (again), ACE is not a commercial forum. We are here for the membership and the commeraderie, if we feel someone's sole purpose for being on ACE is to merely hock your wares the good majority of the membership will give you a public de-pantsing you'll likely not forget! :jim:

Desertdawg

No one is "in" office here, just ask the forum, you'll get an answer.

The phone number and email address is ok, the reason we mention a good way to include it is so you don't get hit with 473 spammers. use typed numbers for phone and space out your email address without the @ symbol to avoid bots.

Welcome ...... and as for editing .... if you look at the bottom right of you post you should see an edit button .... punch .... and edit away !!!

F22trainer

I've got a tip for ya:

Don't play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn!

Welcome to ACE...

Welcome, from Chandler, I have a tip, Consolidated National ACME,...BUY

Oh, and stay away from Bob, he's Bad

THANKS, ALL!!

For better or worse I feel "at home" here........

I do not "sell for profit" (nor am I a business). Just a retired 'ol fart hoping to find a needy home for extras that I have lying around doing nothing,

I appreciate very much the tips offerred, excepthing the one from "wiley coyote, super genius". If I wanted "attitude", I would have gotten married.

As in everything else, there is a majority of great folks with a good, positive outlook on life that make up the bulk of any organization - and then there's "others".

God BLESS! Have a GREAT week!!!!!!!!

Signing off on this topic. :bannana4:

JLs Mistress

If your not doing anything join us for our Tues Geezer Lunch. 1:00 at the Black Bear .

Desertdawg

excepthing the one from "wiley coyote, super genius". If I wanted "attitude", I would have gotten married.

It's the sig pic isn't it... :hat:

excepthing the one from "wiley coyote, super genius". If I wanted "attitude", I would have gotten married.

Damn.......I used smilies and everything. Oh well, my mother still loves me....

I'm not taking your word for it with that kind of attitude... I'll have to ask her myself.

F22trainer

More wine = ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT

Sounds like I'm "in the right family", for sure!

Everybody I've talked with seems great, as well as also having LARGE amounts of gasoline in their veins. :checkerdflag:

I would like to lower my newly acquired C6 and what I have found at the various Corvette vendors is a set up with a couple bolts & misc. stuff that sells for about $50.00.............. Does any one have any experience with that set up? I'm just looking to drop it about an inch & they claim that this means is the hot set up. I just like the looks, plus the added cornering "feel" that comes with it.

Or perhaps it has something to do with being born in Compton?????????????

CrownRoyal

Lowering bolts work very well just look at my picture below. Its the same basic idea for c5 and c6 vettes.

Desertdawg

Just realize if you go low you lose some of the suspension and handling may be affected. I had to raise mine back up a little because it road stiff and rubbed inside the wheel wells while on the freeway over dips and bumps.

Just realize if you go low you lose some of the suspension and handling may be affected. I had to raise mine back up a little because it road stiff and rubbed inside the wheel wells while on the freeway over dips and bumps.

I told you to loose some #'s

• 3 weeks later...