C2 Road Trip

65sting

My 65 Sting performed exceptional on a 3 day road trip to Plastic Fantastic in San Diego. We went from Phoenix to Palm Springs on Friday. Ran into an accident outside of Indio, but the new Vintage Air system and the temp never got to 180. On Saturday we cruised to Oceanside then took the 101 down the coast, stopping in and out of several towns. That's what these cars were made for! Sunday, we had a great time at the car show which was in a really nice spot on the water. Drove home that night, the car had no drips, leaks or anything and performed excellent on the road at all speeds (except slow, which it doesn't like)

Posted ImagePosted Image

How did you do at the show? We entered our car in the 2009 show before we had the LS3 hot cam installed and the seats redone. It took second in the C4 class. Have not had the car in the show since but may do so in the future. It has always been one of my favorite shows especially the location. Glad you had no issues!

Desertdawg

It's great to hear your vette made the trip with no issues.

I've been "gonna go" to plastic fantastic for 10 years now just to get away,

Maybe you can post the date early next year and we'll plan an ACE run!

Bromley's Corvettes

Thats awesome sounds like a fun road trip in a cool vette :driving: I like the pix by the water.

More pictures!!!!!!

Sounds like a great time. ACE Trip Next year sounds like a great plan to me!

It is a great show. When we went in 2009 there were around 350 cars. At least at that show they had one class for each vette generation. Lots of great vendors and the location is great. The club I went with that year got there early so we had all the spaces at the very southern tip of the park. We had yachts to the east and the bay to the west and south. It would require us to spend at least one or two nights in San Diego and since the show is just south of downtown, hotels are not cheap. We might be up for the show next year, just depends on whether or not I want to put that many miles on the car. If the group does decide to go, you need to make your plans and reservations well in advance.

Desertdawg

So would it be worth the trip to go but not enter into the show, just walk around???

So would it be worth the trip to go but not enter into the show, just walk around???

Kim and I did just that about four years ago and definitely worth it. You've got reason to go and you're half way there. Just do it!

The best road trips we've ever done were to Cali, Beach + PCH + top down = awesome

If I had an ORANGE vette, that's what I'd do!

They have it at Embarcadero Marina Park next to the harbour, it's really cool. I've always wanted to be a part of it, the job always gets in the way though. Buzzing top-off over Coronado on a cool morning is teh awesome

Desertdawg

I've always wanted to cruise the PCH north of LA .....

F22trainer

I've always wanted to cruise the PCH north of LA .....

I did just that right after I bought mine...problem was there was so much baggage in the rear, I couldn't take the top off...unless I just left it someplace. Was a great trip - Disneyland, Hurst Castle, and a few other stops at interesting places. Went as far north as Carmel.

Plastic sounds like a real blast...

The show is put on by North County Corvette Club in San Diego. Their website shows that next year's show will be on May 18, 2014. It's a great website with lots of pics of all their shows, list of trophy winners, etc.

Damn!!, that's a great 65. Beautiful pic by the water. I'm interested in going next year, entering or looking. We've done the PCH, but worth it to do again.

anmracing2

Sounds like a fun time! Great to read that it was a good drive.

We did the PCH in the '68 conv 442 and it was a blast. It's cool to not have a plan and just drive and stop when you feel like it.