Some times things get worse...

Bigfoot

...before they get better...I hope. Went to pick up the car today. Took off to take her home, but she's not running right. Throws at least three codes. Called Parker and he tells me to bring her back. One is on the new trans. Some bushing is not right and the selector in car and trans are not on the same page. Two is apparently an O2 sensor took a dump. Its causing 1.5 times the fuel needed to be dumped into the right bank. I would do that myself...but not willing to drive it that far running that bad to get it home to do it. LPM will fix it all...but because of that O2 sensor it's going to cost more than planned on. :banghead

....soooo why are you the one finding the problems when leaving the shop and not LPM?

this is a pet peeve of mine.

It didn't kick any codes until I left and didn't throw CEL until I hit the freeway. Other than that, I don't know why anything went bad.

....soooo why are you the one finding the problems when leaving the shop and not LPM?

this is a pet peeve of mine.

We test drove the car, and no issues were reported. One of the codes P0300, is an instant-set code, it is not something that takes many drive cycles to set.

The thing is dumping fuel like crazy in the right bank trying to get the O2 to react. We were really pushing and hoping for something simple to get Sean back on the road this evening. Tomorrow, I will pull the freeze frame data in the lazy O2 to see when this problem initially began.

The other issue, which is a correlation code between the gear selector and the transmission range switch was also not there when we test drove the car, but was present when we received the car back at the shop, we noticed excessive play between the transmission range selector and the transmission shaft.

Sometimes 14 year old parts break when they are fiddled with, but in this instance, these issues were not found when the car was repaired and test driven.

I have to give credit to the team for staying late and working on sorting this out. The parts will be ordered first thing and we will get him back on the road in short order.

I understand and I appreciated your candid response.

you make a good point that 14yo parts are unpredictable.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and Ill admit this thread may not be my place to say anything.

Driving away from a repair shop only to turn around because something broke is a VERY sore subject for me.

and this subject may be striking an emotional raw nerve with me, so my response may be un warranted.

I can share you you gory details on Thursday (if you wish) when I drop off Roxxane 4.0.

Sean, sorry that the car has to stay a bit later at the shop than you intended. In the end it wil work out fine.

good luck

cheers

cadh

No, you have every right to speak your mind. I just wanted to make sure I had a chance to tell my observations.

Even though I do my own automotive work, I have had to deal firsthand with upsetting service situations and certainly understand the need to vent and share.

I'm not worried or upset...frustrated yes...but sometimes shit happens. I feel good that LPM will have it all good soon.

Desertdawg

Don't worry Sean, soon your car will shit and you can have a new tag line! :lol

I can have a new tag line any time I want...I just don't care.

I was so looking forward to hitting the freeway yesterday and seeing how that stage 2 shift kit performed. :banghead

F22trainer

I have to admit, I have been pleasantly surprised that nothing appeared after the engine overhaul, when I left the shop. But, I did have that "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling.

You'll be back on the road soon and LPM really "has your back" when it comes to customer service.

Getting Parker was a real winner for LPM, kinda like when Joe Walsh joined the Eagles!

WIN - WIN!

Desertdawg

WTF, Joe Walsh joined the Eagles??? When did that happen?

She's home!!! I can say without a doubt LPM did everything right. With the new transmission range switch there is a definite difference. You can definitely feel it as you run the selector through the range of motion. So I would say the old one was "we'll worn" and due to the replacement of the trans chose to go bad. Just bad timing that it happened when I left and not during their test drive. Same could be said about the O2 sensor. Just freaky bad weird timing. Parker and LPM took very good care of me and my car. They are top notch in my book. The car and trans work great, but the higher stall on the converter will take some getting used to...that's for sure. Thanks again Parker and LPM!!!

Oh great more terror in the hood again!...Congrats on gettin her back and WTG LPM!!!

Good deal.

I only wish we could find out how much your e.t.'s improved with the new converter!

I didn't see any smoke, but it sure didn't take long for him to leave the premises :burnout2

To tag onto what Dave said, go enjoy the car, Sean. Between the recent driveway mishap and the transmission going out, you are past due for some quality drive time.

Nope, no smoke...just some loudness as I left. 202 on that side of town was relatively empty for a short period and the temps were in the triple digits...if ya get what I mean. :edward: