Recommendation for a place for technical repairs

Guest Little Red Corvette

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know of a good place to bring my vette for a technical accessment located somewhere in the greater northwest valley? Ever since I got the supposid GM "fix" for the steering wheel lock problem, the car has been running really poorly. The engine shakes alot and sometimes it feels like I am driving with the emergency brake on. I know that part of the GM "fix" on the Z06s is to do something to make the fuel cut-off if the steering wheel should lock up while driving. I brought the car back to the dealer and I got the usual "nothing is wrong". My GM warranty is up in June and I really would like someone to take a good look at the mechanical aspects of the vette. I may be willing to have someone other than the dealer make some repairs if it is nothing major so I need a place that also has a good reputation for actually doing the repairs.

Thanks for your help!

Lori

I Felt bad when you didn't get a single reply. I just don't think there are any "Vette" related shops in the west valley. Have you thought of trying a different dealer? I've had pretty good luck with Lou Grubb but never really had anything too technical, so I can't say how they'd be with your problem.

Have you tried Gateway in Avondale? The service writer is a Z06 owner and so far seems to be alright to deal with. His name is John Sheldon. Good luck Lori. If it feels like the emergency brake is on then just give er more gas. :lol: Hope you get er fixed!

:howdy: Thanks for the replies and your kind words.... I ended up taking the vette to Automotive Diagnostic Specialities in Chandler. They uncovered the problem with the throwout bearings with the clutch...although the dealer just could'nt find any thing wrong..... I have since spoken to the "manager" at the dealer and he has assured me that his tech folks have 20 years of experience and can fix this problem (still under warranty). The car goes back to Van Chevrolet tomorrow...we shall see....

Thanks again for your help...much appreciated...

Lori

3,503 lbs of trouble
:howdy: Thanks for the replies and your kind words.... I ended up taking the vette to Automotive Diagnostic Specialities in Chandler. They uncovered the problem with the throwout bearings with the clutch...although the dealer just could'nt find any thing wrong..... I have since spoken to the "manager" at the dealer and he has assured me that his tech folks have 20 years of experience and can fix this problem (still under warranty). The car goes back to Van Chevrolet tomorrow...we shall see....

Thanks again for your help...much appreciated...

Lori

3,503 lbs of trouble
My friend Mike has his Vette serviced at Van. He will only let one specific tech their touch his Vette. I will get that person's name and post it here for you.

My friend Mike has his Vette serviced at Van. He will only let one specific tech their touch his Vette. I will get that person's name and post it here for you.

Mike's service advisor for his 2001 Vette at Van Chevrolet is Tom Kaskas. The only tech Tom assigns to Mike's Vette, and the only tech Mike allows to work on it there is a guy named "Tim". Mike says his last name might be "Butterworth?" but he's not sure. According to Mike, Tom and Tim know Vettes better than the others there. Mike says you can tell Tom "Mike Rosenfeld" with the 3X black '01 Vert sent you. Mike also says they not only shuttle him home, but they pick him up as well, so ask about that service if you need it.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Unfortunately, the car went to Van Chevrolet on Tuesday and as usual, "we can't find anything wrong!". I even had my service rep at Van on a 3 way phone conversation with Doug from Automotive Diagnostic Specialties. It was an interesting conversation... Doug was say, "Can't you even see where the rear differencial is leaking where the bolts are and can't you even feel the clutch grinding??". So the guy at Van says, "thanks for the helpful info...I will check it out somemore". Bottom line....Van still couldn't find anything wrong. I think I will call tomorrow and ask who the service tech was that worked on the car.

Thanks so much! Yes, I would like to speak with Mike....can you send me an email with his phone number.....much appreciated...

Lori

3,503 lbs of trouble
Thanks so much! Yes, I would like to speak with Mike....can you send me an email with his phone number.....much appreciated...

Lori