OEM headunit aux input

sloryde

Im sure this has been asked, and answered before... I promise I won't answer my own question myself this time. Hahaa!! Anyways, I want to hook up a jack to plug my iPhone or iPod to the aux input on the stock stereo. I'd prefer a true iPod plug, so it'll charge as well. A headphone jack will work too though. I'd rather not use the basic ones that use a frequency, or even one that hooks up to the antenna cable (I've had that type before). When I had the GTO, I disassem the headunit & wired a jack to the cd player pickup & played a true silent cd while using the iPod. Worked really well, but this radio has an aux input, so it shouldn't be that hard. If a kits avail & it's expensive, then I'd rather just wire a jack to the cd changer harness since I removed the changer anyway. If someone wants a free changer, come & get it btw.

The Peripheral unit like Casey has is the one I have but you'll discover the "control iPod from you stereo controls" is mostly bs and doesn't work very well. Save your sanity and just control the iPod from the unit controls like you normally would. I actually need to upgrade mine, the one I have is about 5 years old and doesn't support the iPhone 4 and will not charge my iPod Touch (does play music however). I need to call them and see if I have to merely replace the cable or the control box.

Quicksilver98

I have the ipod touch that I use with mine. I had to get the lightening adapter to use it because it doesn't use the standard 30 pin adapter like the older generation ipods.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

I had a non-apple manufactured unit I got off ebay and it worked fine at first.....then apple must have gotten wind of it and after the latest ipod firmware update it kept coming up with a messege unsupported adapter detected it may not charge your ipod. But it still charged it anyway just came up with the annoying messege.

That's exactly what I had in mind! Thanks.. I searched for something like that & even went to a couple electronic stores when I had the c6. They didn't make one for the standard base model radio, only the upgraded optional system. This was in '06/'07, prolly make one now. Even so, I'm gonna say its another reason why I'm better off with the c5, lol!