C4orce2

Hey guys, as you know C4orce2 has about 128,000 miles on it and has not been re-painted since at least 1994, if ever. Those of you that have seen the car have seen the hundreds of chips on the nose and hood, along with the spider webbed cracking in the middle of the hood. Many months ago I met a young man at the Pavilions who told me he could drastically improve the looks of the car without re-painting it by simply working on the chips and cracks. I doubted he could do it since all the paint is custom. He used to work for Sherwin Williams in their auto paint division and is also an artists.

This week I decided to give him a try on C4orce2 and on my wife's car. The wife's car has the stock paint on it so he was able to make the chips completely disappear. Overall I'd say he got the paint job back to at least 90% since he cannot do much with some scrapes or deep chips. On C4orce2 he worked his tail off. Here are a couple of pics of the nose before he started working.post-1178-0-33379600-1368554810_thumb.jppost-1178-0-34811200-1368554835_thumb.jp

Here are a couple of pics of the nose after, along with a pic of the hood. On the hood you can hardly tell where the cracking used to be.post-1178-0-03406400-1368554907_thumb.jppost-1178-0-84930700-1368554921_thumb.jppost-1178-0-54753900-1368554933_thumb.jp

As you can see, the chips are still there, but not as deep and not noticeable like before. The bigger the chip, the more notiecable it is. All and all, I'd say the paint looks 80% better than it did. Now at shows people will really have to look to find the chips and cracks on the hood. The guys name is Dave (480-694-0134) and he comes to whereever your car is to work on it. He charges $100 to do the chip repair and detail. He will most likely have a booth at the Prescott show this year and will probably make it out to a Corvettes and Caffine if that is alright with Bruce. I am very pleased with what he did, especially for that price, and will have him touch up my car at least once a year. I plan on being at the detail day this Sunday if anyone wants to see the results in person. I'll be hanging out around Donna's buns!

Car looks fine as wine! When is going to try to fix YOUR nose? :Dude::spinin::spinin::spinin:

Not worth fixing!!

Nice! Teh FRC has a few freckles that I'd be happier if they weren't as noticable....Does Dave hit Tucsonia at all, do you know?

Nice! Teh FRC has a few freckles that I'd be happier if they weren't as noticable....Does Dave hit Tucsonia at all, do you know?

Sorry, I don't know. Give him a call and see.

Sorry, I don't know. Give him a call and see.

I'll bother him when I have a few nickels leftover....currently, my harmonic balancer and a/c project is financially crippling.

Lookin good Larry .... glad this guy worked out to your satisfaction !!!

Hmmmmmmm, might have to give him a call. Thanks for posting. Looks good.

Desertdawg

Looks like he did a fine job, must have taken him awhile to hit all those chips....

Looks like he did a fine job, must have taken him awhile to hit all those chips....

He worked about 2 hours on my car. The trick was matching the colors. The nose of the car is just one color, but the hood was at least 3 different colors. None of the colors were stock so he had to blend the paint as he went.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting this. I just had Ted do a detail on my car and loved how it turned out, but now that the car is shinier, so are the chips on my hood and bumper. Hopefully this guy can help me out!

Just left. Great guy and does a good job. Got most of the problems that I had done. Some he couldn't do but overall was a great job. Very happy with how it turned out. Now I don't have to repaint for a while. Thanks for the tip Larry. If you need some work done, get this guy for sure.

Here's the flyer he gave me today. I am going to have him do my Grand Prix as well. LOTS of chips in that sucker. If he does a great job with that car I might get the bumpers repainted as the clear coat is the suck on them.

Posted Image

I have an appt next Thursday with Dave. Since I just had Ted detail my car, I'm interested in knowing if Dave does anything that can compromise the integrity of the opticoat that Ted coated my car with. Ted did tell me the opticoat is hard to remove so thats a big plus. Can you guys advise if he buffs the car or does anything else to that effect?

I have an appt next Thursday with Dave. Since I just had Ted detail my car, I'm interested in knowing if Dave does anything that can compromise the integrity of the opticoat that Ted coated my car with. Ted did tell me the opticoat is hard to remove so thats a big plus. Can you guys advise if he buffs the car or does anything else to that effect?

At least on my car he did everything by hand; no power buffing at all. I assume he did the same on Mark's, but not sure.

Yup, no buffing. Just a hand job..... :boobies:

I mean, hand WAX job.

• 2 months later...