Business cards advice

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

I am seeking some general advise on business cards. It looks like it would be easy to just go too vista print and fill in the blanks and have some boring generic business cards. I was considering designing my own card on Photoshop. Once I design a finished product will only certain companys allow me to use the design?

I'm an independent contractor for Discount Cab. Any and all advice, tips, and tricks are greatly appreciated.

I am seeking some general advise on business cards. It looks like it would be easy to just go too vista print and fill in the blanks and have some boring generic business cards. I was considering designing my own card on Photoshop. Once I design a finished product will only certain companys allow me to use the design?

I'm an independent contractor for Discount Cab. Any and all advice, tips, and tricks are greatly appreciated.

If you do your own art, take it to AlphaGraphics. They do a good job and the rates are reasonable. You can save it as a PDF and they will print it with no problem and save your file for a year incase you want more of the same card.

fourseventeen

If you need someone to do design and print for high quality glossy business cards...I can help you out with that. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss or feel free to email me Jay@elitephotophx.com.

Otherwise if you want to do them yourself...you would need a PSD template to work off of so that your fonts are in the safe area for cut off and your bleed is set properly.

Vista print in my opinion sucks! Quality is poor and their cards arent much better than what you can print at home.

joe@cpr.com

xsell media alex who is does all of my graphics and when i run out of this batch of cards i will use them for those.

I designed my own using PS5 and the business card guidlines, so I'm sure 417 could do you a good job if custom is what you want.

MS Publisher, part of MS Office Pro, does them very nicely. Lots of templates too. They can be saved in formats that can be e-mailed or taken to print shops and used directly to print cards in their systems.

I have used costco, they used my existing pdf of my card. The price is right.

fourseventeen

I designed my own using PS5 and the business card guidlines, so I'm sure 417 could do you a good job if custom is what you want.

Thanks Marco

anmracing2

I thought Vista would also do your custom stuff as well as the generic stuff. You just need to send them the image.

• 2 weeks later...

Vista print will do custom stuff as well has a ton of templates if you do not want to create your own design.