Commercial Pilot!

Z06_Mir

Well, as of Wednesday I'm a qualified (hah!) commercial pilot (single engine only). I know I haven't been on here much lately because of lack of time, but now that things have settled down some I'll be back much more frequently. :) So yeah, I can get paid to fly airplanes now, pretty neat! Gonna go straight into training to become a flight instructor so I can see where that road takes me.

:spinin:

Congrats ... Great accomplishment ... There might be a few single engine freighters out ther that might help build some time .... ??? But instructor could get you into multi quicker too .... Good luck with your new adventures ....

Congrats ... Great accomplishment ... There might be a few single engine freighters out ther that might help build some time .... ??? But instructor could get you into multi quicker too .... Good luck with your new adventures ....

We shall see.. I've decided not to close any doors and keep my options open... hoping to get my multi in a Seneca in the coming months if this deal goes through (block time with a few others on an old freighter). Not interested at all in flying for the airlines, but other than that I'd like to take this opportunity and a skill that I have and see where it takes me.. quite literally! Thanks :)

Desertdawg

Congrats Mir, it's cool seeing you move up the ranks... :thumbs

Desertdawg

No it isn't because then that hobby is called a job, you know, like work.... And that can suck then.

What if your friends are your best clients? Find a job you like and you never work another day in your life.

Congrats Mir, it's cool seeing you move up the ranks... :thumbs

Thanks! I've worked my butt off for it but so glad I didn't stop at the private pilot level, even with the instrument rating. I decided that I want to be the safest, most well versed pilot I can be, so this was another step closer. I am also extremely excited to start flying for Angel Flight. It's not paid, but I think it will pay dividends in good karma :) You basically fly people who are sick and financially unable to fly to where their healthcare is. They have a certain time requirement and I didn't meet it, but it's waived with the commercial certificate so now I can finally start doing it. I have wanted to do it since I started learning to fly. It gives me an excuse to go fly and I get to use my tallent to help others. I have been fortunate enough to learn to fly and become an aircraft owner, I hope I can help someone through a tough time in their lives with it.

fourseventeen

congrats. Does this mean you can take me to and from Miami :)

F22trainer

Congrats! Let me know if you need assistance getting you CFI initial or multi add on!.

Thank you everyone!!! You guys are pretty cool for ACEholes ;)

Congrats! Let me know if you need assistance getting you CFI initial or multi add on!.

Thanks! I am hoping to get my MEL soon, I may get to buy some block time in a Seneca and assuming I have my CFI done that that point I'd get the MEI too. Hoping after I get the CFI done I can at least find a job. I may be picking your brain in the near future though as far as the CFI training goes. The right seat is already daunting...

F22trainer
Thank you everyone!!! You guys are pretty cool for ACEholes ;)

Thanks! I am hoping to get my MEL soon, I may get to buy some block time in a Seneca and assuming I have my CFI done that that point I'd get the MEI too. Hoping after I get the CFI done I can at least find a job. I may be picking your brain in the near future though as far as the CFI training goes. The right seat is already daunting...[/quote

Yeah...you just got the hang of flying from the left seat, the change is frustrating to say the least, because all of your visual cues are changed. Keep in mind there is a consistant failure rate of 75% for initial CFIs'...if there's any doubt about any subject material, they wil find it. You've had a good instructor to this point, but it might be a good idea to fly with a different Instructor before the big day!

Aim small - miss small!

I actually have had a couple instructors at this point. My primary instructor also did most of my instrument, though I learned more from a CFII friend of mine than that CFI instrument wise. I had another CFI do my hp/complex endorsements who will do most of my CFI, and for my commercial I had a different CFI too. I asked him (he works at Chandler Air like my primary) if he'd take me on through CAS and he did. I was his first commercial student since he's only been instructing about a year. It worked out really well, and I have taken points from each of my CFIs to develop my own sort of flying style. I am little afraid of the poor pass rate, but I am going to do my best to prepare for it. And ya know, if I fail I fail and I will go back and fix it and try again. No point in being so afraid of failing the exam that you don't even take it :)

Congrats Mir, something I've always wanted to do as well. We enjoy reading your updates!