If it wasnt for bad luck...............

Quicksilver98

Quicksilver98

As the saying goes.....I would have no luck at all.

So a week or so ago my radiator craps out and I replace it. Then yesterday I come out of work and walk out to the parking lot to my car. I park it way out of the way by the same ole mesquite shade tree that I have been parking by for the last 6 years. I can see from 200 feet away that something looked different. A damn branch from the mequite tree was laying offly close to my car. Sure enough that little bit of wind that we got broke a branch off which came down and hit the edge of my windshield and cracked it in about 3 different places! Also put some light scratches in the paint on the hood and roof panel. I just had that windshield replaced about 9 months ago for stone chips too! Thankfully I have full glass coverage on my insurance and the scratches are almost un-noticable after putting a couple coats of wax on and buffing the hell out of it. Could have been alot worse I guess!

Desertdawg

That tree must hate your car..... Sorry to hear, hope that's the end of your misfortune.

Been there too. The tree MUST PAY! Good to hear it was not worse.

WOW, sorry to hear of this inconsiderate tree!!! Hope the scratches clean up well!

Drewstein

It's also pretty rare for our radiators to "crap out" and it could indicate other cooling issues like bad thermostat or fans etc.

Quicksilver98

It's also pretty rare for our radiators to "crap out" and it could indicate other cooling issues like bad thermostat or fans etc.

It was a crack in the plastic side tank by the upper radiator hose connection. Fans both running ok and thermostat was replaced with the water pump about 20K Miles ago. Hope theres no other issues waiting to bite me in the ass.