My friends ZL1 at the dyno

Buccaneer

Buccaneer

Helped my friend mod his 2012 ZL1 with headers, pully's, cam, massaged stock heads, injectors, larger intercooler and tune. Yesterday we trailered it over to Lubbock TX to Texas Speed and Performance to tune it. This was the first pull numbers. I was impressed to say the least. The tuner didn't really want to push it much more with the stock bottom end and wanted to lower it down to 700HP, but final was 776HP 760Trq.

post-286-0-49695900-1367932846_thumb.jpg

ZL1s are nice cars. My friend has one that I've driven, very nice. He just did a CAI and shifter and it is even better now.

Sadly he is on motor #2 after the first one popped with 8000 miles. Bone stock. Freak failure.

Got torque??? Lol. Damn that's nice. Good luck getting traction on the street with that beast. Sure is going to be fun for him to try! What fuel is he running? How much boost? Who did the heads?

ZL1s are nice cars. My friend has one that I've driven, very nice. He just did a CAI and shifter and it is even better now.

Sadly he is on motor #2 after the first one popped with 8000 miles. Bone stock. Freak failure.

One of the reasons I waited a year and 16k miles to mod my C6. I figure if I drive it hard for a year and it lives, it should be good for a blower!

Guest badbobs95

One of the reasons I waited a year and 16k miles to mod my C6. I figure if I drive it hard for a year and it lives, it should be good for a blower!

Hard for a year and a blower? Sexy. :cheer::sorry:

Buccaneer

Got torque??? Lol. Damn that's nice. Good luck getting traction on the street with that beast. Sure is going to be fun for him to try! What fuel is he running? How much boost? Who did the heads?

This was all on 92 Octane and I was waiting for the big PING, but it never happened. About 16/17lbs boost. I don't recall who did the heads, but they sure looked PERDY. I want to say it was 510 Race Engineering, but I may be wrong. I'll find out for sure though. The car is a beast for sure and traction will be an issue. Those numbers are pretty good considering that we are over 4,200 feet Alt.

The tuner felt that the motor had more to give, but was VERY lery about taking it to the limit without going BOOM! He did say that last week he had a newer camaro with a procharger drop a piston even before it really started to make boost and was a little gun shy I think about pringing a 5,000 mile LSA motor.

That torque "curve" (more like a table) is why I want a PD blower. Too much fun!