Holy load shift, Batman !

FNBADAZ06

I can't read any comments, but from what I saw, I would say pilot error. Way too far nose up. Loadmaster screwed the pooch if a shift on takeoff caused that. Very sad.

FNBADAZ06

I can't read any comments, but from what I saw, I would say pilot error. Way too far nose up. Loadmaster screwed the pooch if a shift on takeoff caused that. Very sad.

Pilot reported uncontrallable nose pitch due to load shift prior to going down........no pilot, or cargo plane for that matter, is going to be able to recover from something like this at that low of an altitude. Could you imagine two Abrahams M-1's coming loose and shifting the center of gravity on a C-5 during takeoff ?

That's just the stuff my nightmares are made of, just awful, what a helpless feeling.

Grape Ape

That really sucks and knowing you can't do anything to recover it...... Condolences to the families and friends.

Extender32

I flew the C-141 and that plane is not as CG sensitive as you'd think. Since the C-5 is of similiar design, I'd think the same would hold true. However, when 250k of cargo shifts, one way or another, bad things are going to happen.