NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Shocks, Pfaht ?

porvette

Am looking to put shocks on the car and saw the Phadt shocks . Who stocks these and what is the rough cost purchase and install locally ?

any help would be helpful.

Give Steve a call at LPM. They are a dealer for Phadt and will take care of everything. Just drop off your car and write a check. It's that simple. SLAMMER

The Johnny O'Connell Pfadt shocks are great. I have them and the sway bars. $1000 for the package plus install.

I have DRM bilsteins. I would run them over the Pfadt shocks. Also check out the other bilsteins and LG shocks. Pfadt stuff is blah. They are a bunch of flaming dicks too so I won't buy anything from them.

I'm curious as thts the second time you have mentioned it. I am looking to upgrae from my C6 Z51 Shocks and Sways and after meeting Aaron from Pfadt I was going with the Johnny O'Connel Stage one myself. You mention having issues I would like to hear what was wrong with them.

Thanks.

They are local. They support a bunch of shady business, talk a bunch of crap, put you down if you run anything but their parts. Their stuff is almost all show. I've heard and seen tons of it break and very rarely do they support or warranty it. There are just better options out there. They are great at marketing.

Talk with Rich@Abel Chevy who spent years trying to get his pfadt coilovers working, swapped to LGs and the car instantly road better and turned faster than ever laps. Lots of people break their parts you just don't get to see it since they are a big name sponsor on all the major boards. I know for a fact that a few of their former employees are drugged out meth heads. I won't do business with a company like that.

I can't speak to the "flaming dicks" or "meth heads" commentary, because my direct experience with the organization has not led me to the belief that any of these conditions either exist or have existed.

They are a company that has stood behind their products, are installed on some of our best builds, and strive to continuously improve based on customer and vendor feedback.

Not knocking any other vendor, they all have strong points and weak ones, but we stock them for a reason, and "flaming dicks" and "meth heads" are not two of them.

joe@cpr.com

i don't believe the pfadt comments at all. they have been nothing but flat out amazing on everything i have ever dealt with. we had a set of headers get made wrong and they next day'd a set. i also know a awhile ago at lpm there was a gen v camaro having spring issues and they flew reps out to check it out. who does that!?!?!? we carry pfadt and lg's and i thing the pfadt's are a better product. pm sent to you.

Just my personal experience from dealing with them out here. They show up to a lot of meets and go around making fun of anyone that doesn't have pfadt parts on their cars. Most of the locals can't stand them. I'm glad both of you had good experience, and most people won't ever have an issue, but I know what they have done and how they have treated a lot of locals out here.

That sounds NOTHING like Pfadt. Honestly I would put them up there as one of the BEST people I deal with. Phenominal customer service and they have backed their products every time, not that its a constant issue as their products are outstanding. Ive personally delt with them since they opened and they have been consistent from the start. As Joe mentioned there was a car locally that had some springs installed BY ANOTHER SHOP that was having a squeaking issue. They had the customer come to our shop and flew out here to diagnose the issue as it was something that has came up periodically in the past. Supplied a new set a springs ON THEIR DIME. I wouldnt normally go out of my way to defend a vendor this much but they are so far from those statements it makes me laugh. More vendors should strive to be like them.

Glad to hear. I'm sure you or Joe would take care of a customer either way. A lot of my experience is from an employee that no longer works there so maybe things turned around.

Honestly, and my car has a sh**load of pfadt stuff on it, It's fine stuff for the street and limited track use. If you are going to do a dedicated track car then you would definitely want penske or Moton etc. remote resevoir stuff.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for the Johnny O'Connell Pfadt Stage 1 set up. Very cost effective and improves the overall handling greatly.