New member and new to corvettes

Doc

Hey my name is Dange. I live down in tucson and I recently got my first corvette! Ive met a couple people on here, Cross is a good friend and is the one that helped me find my corvette and even drove me up to go get it from coolidge. also met a guy named cody at a hooters meet, not quite sure of his screen name.

I am coming from a 2004 mazdaspeed miata that had full suspension/ rollbar/full boltons/14psi boost/and trackday tires. unfortunately do to a really bad situation it was totalled out. it was only a 10mph max collision that caused 2 quarter sized holes in the bumper, but airbags went off. So i decided to build something with a bit more capability. and now im trying to get the vette about where the miata was before i start aiming for big power.

I have a silver 1999 targa top. which is almost exactly what i was looking for. (i was hoping for white) few boltons now, BBK intake manifold, BBK throttlebody, BBK intake, SLP maf, Dynatech longtubes, dynatech xpipe and a magnaflow exhuast. that were on when i got it. Since ive owned it I have done tint, MGW shifter, c5r shift knob, and cross tuned it for me along with full HID's full LED conversion exterior and interior. and its going in this week for a stereo install

Here is a pic of it within 5 minutes of owning before we even left the bank's parking lot. cross is already fiddling with the tune and turning off the 1st-4th shift thing.

Posted Image

Welcome, It is fun to start with your first Corvette, last year was my time.

7 posts and no one yet??? Really??????????

Ok..........I'll do it

What's up Doc?????????

Welcome!!! :welcome:

Howdy from another Tucson guy.. You may one day see my car, but I don't really drive it anymore. Built it to the point that it's too obnoxious and expensive to drive. *sigh*

thanks everyone for the welcome!

Big Poppa, Lol I dont think ill have that problem. the miata was a bit obnoxious and had entirely too much money sunk into it too. not ricerish loud but like most heavily modified cars you got into boost and it would burble and carry on and pop and spit fire and had an extremely loud blowoff valve. really stiff suspension and solid engine mounts. and I LOVED it and really miss it. So far the vette seems really tame so its soon time to change that.

Though ive heard about your car from cross. when i was looking at seats. You have the corbeau A4's right? I have a set of sport seats that I am not happy with. and I wanted to try to sit in a pair before i pull the trigger and I was hoping to catch you at a meet some time and see if I could see how they feel.

Welcome to ACE Doc, do yourself a favor and put theCMSH on ignore now... :lol Cool ride you picked up there :wave2:

Welcome! C5's can be made into awesome track day cars. If that's your thing you really won't need that much more power. Brakes and suspension first for sure.

Doc... You are welcome to sample my seats any time you'd like. I am very happy with them and Loud Pedal got me a great deal on them. Maybe we all do lunch or dinner this weekend. UFC on Saturday, just gotta find a spot to watch it... The one we typically go to closed.

Doc... You are welcome to sample my seats any time you'd like. I am very happy with them and Loud Pedal got me a great deal on them. Maybe we all do lunch or dinner this weekend. UFC on Saturday, just gotta find a spot to watch it... The one we typically go to closed.

I told you to stop doing that there.