Racing can be fun if...

Buccaneer

You don't crash! I went to the drags in Roswell NM last weekend with my son a few other guys. This is my son's friend's dad's truck. It runs well and best time of 11.96. He dialed in at 12.00. It's an all original truck that he has owned for 38 years. They own a racing shop in Dimit TX. Lessons learned when racing...Get out of the gas when you get out of the groove sooner, wear a seat belt, wear a helmet and last but not least...Do Not drink while racing. The truck is a total loss.I think the only good parts left on the truck was the tail gate and the windows. He also took out two concret barrier blocks just like the ones at Firebird and pushed them about four feet before going another two trucks lengths and then going over the barrier.

I just about died when I found out he was drinking as well. Redneck racing at its best. I also couldn't beleive that guys running fast times didn't have to wear a helmet. It is a IHRA track as well. Accordig to the 2013 IHRA rules, It's manatory that ALL classes wear a helmet, slicks neeed a drive shaft loop and of course safety belts.

post-286-0-61790900-1366428021_thumb.jpg

He could just tell his insurance agent he dodged a deer.... Too soon???

He could just tell his insurance agent he dodged a deer.... Too soon???

Hey it worked for you. :lol