The cure for the crack C5s & C6s

Guest badbobs95

Guest badbobs95

You know that little crack in front of the rear tires that somehow fills up with tiny rocks? I found an easy cure and it works. I bought a small tube of crystal clear caulk at Lowes. The stuff comes out white but drys clear! After removing the little bastards, clean the crack as well as you can before caulking it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Are you pointing at the caulk or that you added more decals ??? :lol Post a picture of the tube of caulk because I need to pick some up tomorrow while my crack is still clean... hehehe And, I edited your thread title because this applies to C6's also.

Bob, you should always "clean your crack". I'm not sure if I will caulk mine though. :facepalm:

How the hell do they get in there? I thought maybe they got in through the back side and the caulk wouldn't do any good?

You really need to stop the dirt & pebbles from getting in there in the first place folks. They are getting in there from the tires throwing hem into the wheel well opening between the inner fender and the 1/4 panel. Loosen the screws on the 1/4 panel, rinse out with a hose, put back together, let dry then caulk the wheel well between the inner fender and the 1/4 panel. Caulking the body panel :banghead Duh!

I remember Charlie talking about this before, Charlie is wise and speaks the truth. Sealing the outside seam won't fix the problem, seal Inside the wheel well.

I remember Charlie talking about this before, Charlie is wise and speaks the truth. Sealing the outside seam won't fix the problem, seal Inside the wheel well.

Yes I must Thank Charlie for this fix also, do it from the inside! I've been pebble free since...THX Charlie!

Final Effort

Do I understand this correctley. You first must get your rocks off then clean the crack?

Do I understand this correctley. You first must get your rocks off then clean the crack?

I don't understand !!! :lol

Guest badbobs95

Are you pointing at the caulk or that you added more decals ??? :lol

Post a picture of the tube of caulk because I need to pick some up tomorrow while my crack is still clean... hehehe

And, I edited your thread title because this applies to C6's also.

I removed the stickers when I did the opti-coat 2.0. Then put them back on. I'll post a pic of the tube

Posted Image

Guest badbobs95

Yes I must Thank Charlie for this fix also, do it from the inside! I've been pebble free since...THX Charlie!

I'm sure Charlie's way is best but this is easy and IT WORKS! I am pebble free. :crayon:

Thanks for the picture, I was in Lowes and forgot to get some, hell I fogot I was in Lowes,

wait,..... what was the question again?

• 3 weeks later...

Spent five hours cleaning Suprone last night when I notice three little rocks in the seam where Bob pointed out last week! Last Saturday I'm talkin to Joe Strazz about Bobs miracle cure for this phenomenon . Neither of us has ever had this happen to us. What the hell was Bob talkin' bout' Well Bob... I'm going to Home Depot Sunday. Sorry Bob

Guest badbobs95

That's because your car is special! I see you've added a little something extra to the butt end. Looks really nice Robert. Those tires are shinny too. :laughing gut bustin::coool: :yourock:

Oh ya, you should paint those calipers yellow. Yellow's a good color you know!