New Software update

Desertdawg

Ok, now for the fun part...

I'm logging off and going to pick up my vette from Joe's, if it goes kablooey here while I'm on the road the Donna or Jim will fix it since Ted seems to be MIA !

Whoever breaks it has to buy the beer for the next GB BBQ.... :Tehshifter:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• C4orce2

• Cross

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, being IT challenged as I am, I went ahead and put in a new avator as you can see. However, when I tried changing the pic as part of my signature, the pic does not come up, just the location of it (I assume). When you hit on that crap the pic comes up as you can see if you try it. What the hell did I do and how do I fix it? I also can not get the first part of my signature (Larry, '92 red vert resto mod (C4orce2) to appear in red. Every time I try and get it in red the change does not stick. Any ideas?

JLs Mistress

Well now it won't allow me to add or replace my Photo .. It says " OOPPs something went wrong " is that a tech term

That's what happens to me each time I try as well. I guess maybe its not me!

me thinks things are in process ..... I don't think I'd try anything short of some posts & stuff till the process is complete ..... just happy we up and sorta running .....

Just think Larry .... it could have come up in Orange instead of Red ............ that would have been something to behold !!!! :spinin:

edit **** guess I should have ready from post #1 :blur: please disregard .... and pass the bottle please ..... :LPMcrew:

When I uploaded my signature pic it told me "oops there was a problem" and then my pic appeared. I guess I got lucky, even though I don't get it very often.

I am on the Mobile version now and do not see how to upload a picture from My phone? Possible?

When looking at "new content", some threads I have previously posted in give the message "go to the first unread post." However, others come up with "you posted in this topic" and gives no option to going to the first unread post, but puts me into the thread at the first post.

If you click the "go to first unread post" it should do just that, take you to the last spot you read with new replies below.

"you posted in this topic" is there since you previously posted or subscribed to that thread, there will be no goto first unread because you have already read it and there have been no new replies since then.....

Not true. The threads this happened on had new posts after mine that I had not yet read.

New question: when replying to a post that already has multiple quotes and I want to include some, but not all, of the quotes, how can they be removed? This was easy in the old version but so far has proved impossible in this version.

I see some avators I am thinking this has something to do with those whole linked to them from else where like photobucket because mine is not showing up.

Also Firefox's inline spell checker does not seem to be working.

Also seems the 100k Size limit... sucks. I keep trying to link to my photobucket but it wants to import it so the file size is again an issue.

Also would be nice if they were a little bigger like before.

Ok....

Larry, I did the red text and it worked just fine. see !!!!

You can either click the color and then type, click back to black when your done with the other color. Or type it out, highlight and then click the color, it will change what is highlighted to the color you pick.

Larry and everyone else reading this......

The pictures...Some will need to be edited. Photobucket has changed thier process just recently, follow along:

If you click the link photobucket provides it now includes a link to thier site along with your image url.

{URL=http//s1213.photobucket,com/user/c4orce2/media/0723111320a_01.jpg.html] http//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg[/img}

I will highlight in red the part you need to keep to get just the image link that will work in sigs again...

{URL=http//s1213.photobucket,com/user/c4orce2/media/0723111320a_01.jpg.html] http//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg[/img}

This is the part you want..... http//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg[/img}

Hal

till the process is complete ..... just happy we up and sorta running .....

Dude, have you had one single error yet? sorta running.... bite me :lol

Donna in the C6

I'll look into that OOOPS page. and I don't know ifthe uploads work at all yet, putting out other fires first.... Photobucket... :thumbs

Donna in the C5

You may have see some of the threads in your list from before the upgrade which may havegone wacky, how are the newest ones displayed now???

To edit multiple quotes.....

you can edit any of the text by clicking and backspacing.

to remove one quote out of many...

Click on this part... Desertdawg, on 17 Apr 2013 - 1:56 PM, said:

you will see some small boxes arounf that part, this is the table edit feature, you can just hit backspace to remove it, or even click and hold then drag it to seperate the quotes.

Cross, I'll go edit the avatar size settings right now, I would let Ted do it but we all know how little he knows about this stuff :lol

The avatar size has been enlarged to the original 175x175

Testing the uploader..... it worked for me!!!

ACE will not be responsible for loss of life or limb during use of the upload feature...use at your own risk.

post-3-0-84323800-1366270937_thumb.jpg

Holy Poopie !!!!! :eek

After 10 damn years, the member tab on top now works....

I've looked and I don't see how to update my avatar. Is it "double secret probation"?

Tom, goto your profile, and then profile settings from the list on the left, It's the top option now called "photo"

Click the "Change my Photo" button

I haven't figured out the crop my photo thingy yet, but your avatar will display full size.

Still testing, poking tweaking,I just tried the avatar attachment and upload... theCMSH has a new avatar! :bolt:

Tom, goto your profile, and then profile settings from the list on the left, It's the top option now called "photo"

Click the "Change my Photo" button

I haven't figured out the crop my photo thingy yet, but your avatar will display full size.

Thanks. I thought that may have been it, but thought maybe they would call it something like maybe...Change Avatar. My bad. Like learning a new OS, crap!

Using my android and it seems to work just fine. Posted a link and didn't see any "add a link" buttons so just did the copy and paste. Seems to work to post an outside link easily. No other issues yet that I can find.

YES Normal Avator Size!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!!! Now to see if I can get a GIF working.

Dammit file size limit till there and I still can't link to a photo on Photobucket as my host for a GIF... I understand not wanting to store them on the server but can we have avators that allow us to link to say Photobucket so we can have GIF's again?

Marana Rich

I opened it up on desktop, ipad, and iphone, and works same for all three. On a couple of subjects when I have opened them up a second time, it does not give me option to go to first unread comment. I will let you know if that happens again. I don't like where the "View New Content" is located, can it be moved? Maybe next to the "Go To First Unread Post"?