Anyone got a small trailer I can use ?

BSeery

I am going to make the trip to Bowling Green for Cruise In this year around the memorial day holiday.

One thing bothers me, and that is breaking down on the side of the road in the middle of this 4000 mile round trip.

Ya all got run flat tires or a spare tire. I don't.

I want to carry a spare front and spare rear tire, plus have place for my tools and luggage and not have them in the car. So I was thinking of a small 3'x4' or 4'x4' trailer to tow behind the Vette. I would also like it to take racing tires for the Vette to the track, along with other tools and chairs and stuff for the Pro Autosport events at Firebird.

Harbor Freight has some that are around $250 ish. I figure that with a truck tool box for tools and a big car carrier for luggage would do nicely.

But I thought I would ask if anyone has, knows of or has any idea where I can get a small trailer worthy of this task.

If you have some info, let me know.

Thanks.

Not sure really, I've seen two trailer dealers just north of Anthem I believe. You can see their lots off the highway. I stopped in at one a couple years back, didn't see anything that small.

I bought one at home depot. Nice solid trailer but is bigger then what you want. Harbor Freight might be your best option.

Is this what you're looking for? I've got a guy down the street that builds this type of thing in his garage on the side. I'll stop and talk to him if I see him out.

This one's $735 on an internet site but with shipping I'm sure it's probably over a grand.

close, but that looks like a 4'x8'. I want a 4 or 3' x 4'.

If he custom makes his own let me know what his prices are like. I can get him to build a tire rack and maybe even an enclosed box.

I really like the little trailers U-Haul has now.

sport-trailer.jpg

Bryan, I caught that guy outside yesterday finally. He says the smallest he makes is 4x8. He could do smaller but his cost would be the same, so he'd have to pass it on to you. Cost would depend on whether you wanted stake side, enclosed, etc. I told him thanks but I thought you'd pass.

yeah, too big.

Thanks for checking though.

My dad does some welding work. I may just shove as much as I can in the car for the drive out and make a trailer while I am out there in Tennessee.

close, but that looks like a 4'x8'. I want a 4 or 3' x 4'.

If he custom makes his own let me know what his prices are like. I can get him to build a tire rack and maybe even an enclosed box.

sport-trailer.jpg

Maybe you can get the back of a C3 and make it into a trailor. I have seen C5s done this way. A little on the expensive side.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Maybe you can get the back of a C3 and make it into a trailor.  I have seen C5s done this way.  A little on the expensive side.

I think Dan's telling you he'd part with the DeLorean. It would probably be lighter than the C3 too! :smilelol: :smilelol:

3,503 lbs of trouble
I think Dan's telling you he'd part with the DeLorean. It would probably be lighter than the C3 too! :smilelol: :smilelol:

close, but that looks like a 4'x8'.  I want a 4 or 3' x 4'. 

If he custom makes his own let me know what his prices are like.  I can get him to build a tire rack and maybe even an enclosed box.

sport-trailer.jpg

Maybe you can get the back of a C3 and make it into a trailor. I have seen C5s done this way. A little on the expensive side.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...