Think my Fuel Pump is Dying

Cross

So I have noticed something odd for the past few days, the car will randomly stutter I thought I just needed to work on the off idle transition when cold a little but then tonight I got a little more direction... when the car stalled suddenly as I left and refued to start again... then I noticed I could not hear the fuel pump prime... after sitting through 3 lights and being able to get it to start but then die I finally heard the pump kick back on but it still refused to stay running... however magically it finally was fine and got me home. Obviously I am going to check a few things the relay seems fine I am going to look at the wiring but then i did not mess with that to get it running again so I doubt that... I think its just time to replace the fuel pump. Looking through the guide online it seems pretty simple to get to actually, thankfully. However I find myself asking just what route should I take... I have a Walbro 255 brand new sitting here but I am not sure it fits... actually I am pretty sure it doesn't fit easily. Who here has done anything with their fuel system as far as upgrading? It looks like any other fuel pump I have done expect I see these special kits for using the Walbro... does the stock fuel sock just not fit or is the Walbro that much taller it doesn't fit right? It doesn't look like it should be that big of a deal. Also if anyone else has had a similar issue and it wasn't the fuel pump I would like to hear it. I did check for codes there were none.

I don't suppose you have a fuel pressure gage. Any problems under full throttle? I would think that is where you would have fuel pump problems.

I have a new wix filter, I was thinking just now that since the car is almost dead on half a tank what if its the siphon pump... I will be checking the filter first to see if there is anything in it, I put it in when I rebuilt the motor. Wait no I swapped that one one more time about 3 months after rebuilding the motor. But still its been in there for over a year. I was thinking the same thing too on WOT not just acceleration lightly when leaving a light but I think the difference is your expecting the pump to just be slowly dying and what it did was jut flat out say I'm Done and die then come back on. This does mean though it could be wiring, I will look. Still though at the age of the car and miles I don't think this is too out of the ordinary especially with me running E85 through it the past 2+ years.

Ok Pump was bad it had to be run for awhile to get it to fail but it would stop then start and stop again. I also found out why you can't use a normal Walbro 255... pressure release built into the fuel pump. I also found out what was readily put on the Corvette Forums these cars come with a walbro GRJ320 which is a 190LPH and the C6 Z06 has a GRJ 420P which is a 255LPH. There are venders that sell them for 200 plus shipping I found it on eBay for 176.98 Shipped Priority and bought it. I also found out the reason they come as a whole kit of the bottom cup assembly... that thing is next to impossible to get apart. Holy crap what a giant pain in the ass! What retard designed that thing? Anyway after making a huge e85 mess and saving about 2.5 of the 5 gallons that went on the floor and replacing the fuel filter which looked just fine I have seen much much worse I would say it was a productive day. Wish I could say the Vette was back up and running but I can say that Wednesday it looks like.

New Walbro 255 Drop in Replacement is here, been feeling like meh the past few days but maybe I will motivate myself to put it in.

So after finding out the Sender broke one of the tabs and then coming up with a way to fix that everything is in and the car is running.

Nice to have it running and now be able to put the Adjustable Lower Control Arms on the Vette.