Server attacks and error pages

Desertdawg

From our Host... Large Scale Attack on WordPress Published: Friday, April 12th, 2013Starting on Tuesday, a large scale attack on WordPress sites began world wide. These attacks are brute force attacks on wp-login.php, which is the script that handles WordPress logins. It is suggested that you ensure you are using a secure password for all of your WordPress instances. The attackers will be focusing on common passwords to gain entry and compromise your WordPress instance. If you are currently using a secure password, then you should be safe. However, the attack itself is very resource intensive and depending on the severity of the attack at any given time, may cause your website to become sluggish or non responsive for short periods of time. In some cases it has become necessary to completely block access to wp-login.php to prevent the servers from being overwhelmed. We are doing everything that we can to mitigate these attacks and minimize their effects. This is the most widely distributed DDOS attack that has been seen in quite some time. Due to the extremely distributed nature and the scale of the attacks, most of the measures we can implement to mitigate it, we have done. Typically attacks of this nature do not last more than a few days. However we will continue to work to improve performance throughout the attack and provide you the best service possible. So please be patient, it's not ACE!

STEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting...I wonder if my work 'puter is somehow linked, because at teh same time ACE started having probs, I did on my companies' site as well....:banghead