West Valley Photo Tag

SL1D3R

Okay, for those of you who don't know, this is how the game works:

The first person (me) posts a picture of his/her Corvette in or around the West Valley area, then the next person who wants to play takes a picture of their Corvette at the same spot and a new picture at a different spot; then the next person takes a picture of their Corvette at that spot...and so on and so forth.

If the location is too difficult, you can provide clues if you want. Since Maricopa County is HUGE, let's keep this to a distance of 20-30 miles and primarily the West Valley.

Have fun! Tag! You're it!

New:

Posted Image

Guest badbobs95

Oh you guys with your yellow vettes!! Posted Image You have way too much time on your hands. Go get a job and make dad proud. Posted Image

It never occurred to me that this would be met with such scorn and resistance. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Don't be a Jack.

Maybe some folks will get out and drive this weekend when they aren't working so hard and being kept down by the man :thumbs

JLs Mistress

Maybe some folks will get out and drive this weekend when they aren't working so hard and being kept down by the man :thumbs

Do you mean Ted

Norse Pagan

Sounds like a fun idea! I really don't know the west side at all or I'd be game. I'd spend weeks looking around for that place :banghead For people saying you have work (don't we all) just go on the weekend :partydance:

It never occurred to me that this would be met with such scorn and resistance.

It's not scorn and resistance, it's frustration and taxes,

maybe a little bit of having the wife yell about taking out the garabage too, but mostly taxes!

East side.. start one up!

This looks like it will be a fun thread...

I would start a Gila Bend thread but I would get lonely in that thread!

Sounds like a fun idea!

For people saying you have work (don't we all) just go on the weekend :partydance:

Exactly, have fun get out and drive your cars! No need for this to become the "grumpy curmudgeon" thread :lol

The first person (me) posts a picture of his/her Corvette in or around the West Valley area, then the next person who wants to play takes a picture of their Corvette at the same spot and a new picture at a different spot; then the next person takes a picture of their Corvette at that spot...and so on and so forth.

If the location is too difficult, you can provide clues if you want. Since Maricopa County is HUGE, let's keep this to a distance of 20-30 miles and primarily the West Valley.

Please define the limits of the "West Valley" by street names, not cities. I live in Glendale and Buckeye is 45 miles away, yet both are in the west valley.

I'd like to suggest that all photos be identified to be within a stated 10 mile by 10 mile square. That limits the search area to 100 square miles.

Hey guys, I don't live anywhere near to this location, but I believe I know where the photo was taken. Of course info is not cheap!! If you guys attended more car shows, you'd know where this is also, if I'm correct. If any of you want my guess, bring cash to corvettes and caffine tomorrow morning. :smilelol

There's enough clues there to find it... like lane #31 :lol But where else can you park your ride in a turn lane and get out of the drivers seat to take a picture...?

Please define the limits of the "West Valley" by street names, not cities. I live in Glendale and Buckeye is 45 miles away, yet both are in the west valley.

I'd like to suggest that all photos be identified to be within a stated 10 mile by 10 mile square. That limits the search area to 100 square miles.

I'm fine with that.

The expansiveness of Maricopa County and the Greater Phoenix area will make this somewhat difficult, but that's okay.

The expansiveness of Maricopa County and the Greater Phoenix area will make this somewhat difficult, but that's okay.

Could be worse, it could be in Tucson, where there are only three Corvettes....:facepalm:

Hey guys, I don't live anywhere near to this location, but I believe I know where the photo was taken. Of course info is not cheap!! If you guys attended more car shows, you'd know where this is also, if I'm correct. If any of you want my guess, bring cash to corvettes and caffine tomorrow morning. :smilelol

Larry,

I too know exactly where that is, its in Goodyear.:smilelol :smilelol

I'm fine with that.

Difficult? Maybe you misunderstood what I suggested.

If the photo doesn't make the location immediately obvious (Capitol building, street sign, Dragstrip, etc) then the person posting will state that the photo was taken within a finite area by defining some surrounding streets.

Maybe some other restrictions on photo backgrounds are needed. I have several photos where it's doubtful anyone has been there and it would need GPS coordinates to find after I narrowed it down to a couple of square miles. If the location is too difficult to figure out, interest will die quickly.

I've already lost interest in the first pic, since the info provided only included Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park, and the location was in the 20-30 mile range.

Good gawd people, could we over-analyze this any more???? Look, if you know where the picture is then go "tag" yourself by going there and taking a picture with your car. Then you get to choose the next location and take a picture there. If you don't know where a particular picture is taken, then wait for the next picture to get posted. Some will know where it is, some will not, it should keep interest in the thread because you have to check in and look every time someone tags themselves and posts a new picture with a new location. Sort of the fun of this is that you may not know where something is, skip that go-round and wait for the next. When you see a location that you know, then get in your car and hustle out there and get your shot. We seem to be losing sight of the forest because of all the trees.......... :banghead

If I get out that way in the work truck & take a pic will that count? I get in the West valley often, I do know where that is.

If I get out that way in the work truck & take a pic will that count? I get in the West valley often, I do know where that is.

Corvettes only!

;)

Hint:

Posted Image

Great, now everyone knows where it is--there goes my fee!! :facepalm:

Corvettes only!

;)

That's fine but I think your hint gave everything away. :facepalm:

edit:

Larry doesn't need the finders fee anyhow. :lol