Randy Gillespie Memorial Ride May 4th

TheCMSH

I was approached by ACE member Billray at Gila Bend about posting up about a ride he's participating in for his best friend Randy Gillespie and Wounded Warriors Program. Randy was killed in Afghanistan and Billray inherited his C3 and has been fixing it up ever since. This is a charity/donation ride, for those participating it is a donation of 15 bucks: MSgt Randy Gillespie Memorial Ride Sponsored by the POL family Saturday, May 4, 2013 Sign-in from 7-9am at Jimbo’s on 51st Ave and Cactus $15.00 Single $20.00 w/passenger Free event Pin to first 100 to register Pre-register and info online: http://terracoreit.com/donation/ Event open to all vehicles including cars and motorcycles. I cannot think of a more worthwhile way to spend a Saturday :ACE:

That's a worth while event alright and it also happens to be my 50th birthday.

That's a worth while event alright and it also happens to be my 50th birthday.

I noticed that when I put the event on the calendar! You should put candles on your car that day :lol

With that many candles wouldn't the car melt ??? :lol

No but I might.

Thank you, Randy was a great man and mentor. Randy had served for nearly 24 years and was scheduled to retire when he volunteered to go to Afghanistan in place of a friend whose wife had cancer. I asked Randy why he had volunteered when there were many others that could have and he would have to postpone his retirement. His answer “I don't feel I have given enough to my country, and there will be young airmen that will need mentoring." That was the way with Randy a man who always put others first and felt it his duty to mentor and protect young people. This time Randy did not know how fateful those words were, he gave all. Randy left behind a wife, three boys and a daughter that he and his wife had just adopted. Thank you to all that wish to honor this great man and help donate to wounded warriors. Billyray

post-2109-003685100 1365438984.jpg

post-2109-078557800 1365439008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bump to the top! Some nameless, finger-flipping moderator had it on the wrong date on the calendar. My bad, I will allow Wickedfast or Hogluver to spank me for punishment............again :thankyou:

Desertdawg

I wanted to go but had other obligations that I couldn't avoid!