Nitrous and E85

Cross

As the title states I have finally decided this will be my next purchase, I want a 100 shot nothing more. I want a "Sneaky Pete" style setup so to speak. Everything hidden, nothing visible. I also have no intentions of ever running over a 100 shot, ever. From this point forward I will decide if I build a 6.xL for Nitrous or a Blower. With that in mind, knowing all out power is not my biggest goal next to safest implementation and being hidden what do you guys recommend? I hear comments back and forth on Dry vs Wet. I always understood wet to be safer, I also understood dry to require it being before the MAF and thats how it accounts for it. Now add in my use of E85. I am at about 65% Injector Duty Cycle on E85 WOT. (I am double checking tonight while I mess with idle tuning more, would love some input in my other thread for help with this as its still giving me issues) My plans include: Nitrous Set -- Style not chosen yet leaning towards wet Bosch 040 I believe it is Fuel Pump Replacement (On stock currently) Injector Upgrade needed?? Go to 60's? Which seem to have the best documentation as far as flow tables for HP Tuners etc? Diff Brace from Pfadt along with my Johnny O. Suspension Kit. What else should I be thinking about or considering? What are do's and don'ts from those who have done this? Do you just use a hall switch for WOT... but how with it being electric? Thanks

joe@cpr.com

I am not a fan of pulling fuel from the rail if you are on e85 and i know nic is not either. get the nitrous outlet standalone fuel system to be safe!

I am not a fan of pulling fuel from the rail if you are on e85 and i know nic is not either. get the nitrous outlet standalone fuel system to be safe!

Thanks for the heads up thats the kind of information I need to know. If both you and NicD say no then no it is, I take it then Dry is the method you recommend?

Thanks for the heads up thats the kind of information I need to know. If both you and NicD say no then no it is, I take it then Dry is the method you recommend?

I was so going to change your tagline to "I take it dry" but that might stretching it too far :lol

No wet is always the best imo

Now Joe......YOU get a new tagline!

• 3 weeks later...

Do a seperate tank/pump/regulator for the n2o. You can fit one easily in the engine bay. That is how I did my friends setup. 100 shot wet with a 2 gallon fuel tank with c16 in it, LPE timing box pulling 3 degrees, progressive controller for ramp. Works great.

I would avoid pfadt anything like the plague but that is me.