Goodyear Tire stores vs, Discount Tire

Extender32

Well...I discovered a screw in my tire yesterday afternoon and I took the car to a Goodyear Tire store this morning to see if they could patch it. They thought they might be able too but needed to see how the the puncture looked on the inside in comparison to the bend in the sidewall. After spending an hour there, they told me that they would be unable to repair the tire until at least Tues as their plastic wheel protector was broke and they were afraid that they would screw the wheel up AND they wanted to charge me $32 to patch the tire. I called Discount tire and they said to bring it in and they'd take a look. Not only were they able to patch the tire without screwing up the wheel, they didn't charge me anything to do it. Well, when it comes time to replace the tires, they are gonna get my bidness.

I have to use goodyear with my work truck... expensive and usually all they want to do is sell new tires...

Discount is good... Now on a highjacking track......how do you get the picture to squish like that and make it look normal? What program are you using? Think it's cool. :thumbs

Quicksilver98

I don't use either one. Fletchers always fixed my flats for free or very reasonable. Discount refused to fix them and Goodyear charges an arm and a leg.

Discount has always been tops. I've used em since they opened but lately every time I need tires they have to get them out of CA or TX. It took almost a week to get tires for the wife's Benz and she had a screw in the sidewall so I really didn't want her driving it. When I replaced the Vette tires Discount didnt have them but Firestone had three sets.

Guest badbobs95

Those guys at Discount seem like really nice folks....

If I only knew someone that works for Discount! You're SUCH a wienie! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Marana Rich

Discount has always been tops. I've used em since they opened but lately every time I need tires they have to get them out of CA or TX. It took almost a week to get tires for the wife's Benz and she had a screw in the sidewall so I really didn't want her driving it. When I replaced the Vette tires Discount didnt have them but Firestone had three sets.

I have had two flats with my Corvettes. First one I took to Goodyear and they fixed it for $20, and informed me the Z rating was no longer any good. Second time I took it to Discount, fixed it with no mention of loss of rating.

I have replaced tires on both Corvettes, at different shops, from San Diego to Yuma, and they have screwed up my rims every time.

Sorry to read that Eddie. I hope some day we can regain your confidence.

Sorry to read that Eddie. I hope some day we can regain your confidence.

They've got my confidence. I did buy the tires for Kim's MB at the 32nd and Cactus store but had to wait almost a week to get them out of TX. I wish they'd start stocking something besides Malibu tires. I guess in my neighborhood I own two exotics...lol!

Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler will beat any price and has them in stock. Last time I needed tires I even negotiated a free oil change.