Window Tinting

1qcktoy

With all the Posts about Glass - can anyone recommend a good shop in the West Valley for window tinting? Does tinting the Windshield affect the HUD? Ballpark - What should I pay? Ragtop so just the sides, widow's window in the back and windshield if recommended.

Many of us have used Chris at Clear Bra 623 204 9615. He did my new '08 and my 2000 convertibles. It is not recommended to do the back window if it has the defrost built into it. He comes to your house to do the job. I've only had him do the clear bra thing, not the windows, but he does both. Be sure to tell him you are in ACE Corvettes. Four years ago he charged 350 for the clear bra but a couple of weeks ago when he did my new purchase he charged 400. That included the whole front and the fender wells.

I used Echelon Autosports in Scottsdale. It was $175 including the windshield if I remember right. No receipt due to him doing the windshield.

I need to get my side windows redone. They are darker than the limit. Will Chris do this? I think I had him do it originally but can't remember off hand.

Yeah ... I need side windows redone on the rdstr and all three redone on the couple .... maybe we can do a group thing ..... j/k :yesnod:crazy

Hey Hal, maybe we could get a central location set up and get them all done at the same time? You want to call him or should I?

yeah .. give him a shout .... see what works for him ..... I'm out by Scottsdale Airpark during the day ... but ... lets see what works ....

I'm pretty sure Chris is on the west side but he travels anywhere. I will give him a call on Wednesday. Anyone else want in? Maybe we could get a central location to meet up with him. Hal's place in Scottsdale would work if that is allowed there?

I'm pretty sure Chris is on the west side but he travels anywhere. I will give him a call on Wednesday. Anyone else want in? Maybe we could get a central location to meet up with him. Hal's place in Scottsdale would work if that is allowed there?

Depending on price,I may be in.

Been on the fence about tinting mine as I like the visibility at night.

Wasn't there a film that was UV etc. that was non tinted?

When I call Chris tomorrow I will ask about the uv protection without the tint.

When I call Chris tomorrow I will ask about the uv protection without the tint.

You Da Man!

94transamgt

I need a side window done. I called Chris and he never got back to me, so if you get him nailed down I would like to get my side windows done.

I used Gary Oliverson from "Sun Blox". He does a great job of window tinting I ever saw. 602-228-9258. [

Had to make a run to Flag this morning and just got back. I didn't get a chance to call anyone yet. I will try tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Just got mine replaced this morning. I have the link to the original thread here: Tint Thread

If you want to use him I have the numbers to contact him in there. He did a great job and was very professional. Highly recommend him. His prices vary so you will have to contact him to see what he will charge for your application but he removed and installed new tint for both doors for $75. Thought that was very reasonable. He also comes to you.