NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need recommendations for body shop/detailer in East Valley

jdwk

So this isn't for my C6. It sees too much track time (or more like off-track time) to worry about winning any shows now. I always wanted to take my C6 to Germany and drive the 'Ring, but I chickened out after noticing my transmission was leaking, and decided to order a new daily driver, a 2013 Audi S4, and pick it up in Germany. Not the same as the C6, but it made a lot more sense than shipping my car back and forth. My wife and I picked it up in Ingolstadt at the end of September and drove around Europe for 10 days including the 'Ring and the Paris Auto Show. It then took almost 12 weeks to get to the states, just in time for Christmas. After finally getting the car registered and clear bra and tint put on, I was just starting to feel comfortable driving it to work. They are constructing a new building next to mine, and it kicks up a lot of dust. Nothing a duster or wash can't take care of usually, so I didn't think anything of parking in one of the covered parking spots near the construction last Friday. It's a trade off of dust for shade. Well, last night I finally tried washing the car, and the dust doesn't come off. The dust is either paint or primer or some other horrific debris that I could not remove with any of the cleaners or polishes I have available. It is incredibly course and shredded my wash mitt leaving fuzz all over the car. The clay bar seemed to work the best, but it took forever and was still far from perfect. I filed an incident report with work this morning, and of course, I am one of many, but I have no idea what is going to be done. Regardless of the verdict, I am pretty sure I need a professional to take care of this. Even though I've lived in AZ for 10 years, I can't say I know any body shop or detailer I would trust with this kind of work. I know the guys in the detail forum are pretty picky about who if anyone they let touch their cars so I would really appreciate recommendations. I am in Chandler, but willing to drive a bit for quality work. Thanks in advance.

First choice - Crazy Ted and his wire brush expertise... Just joking about the wire brush part!

I assumed you were going to recommend Classic Gold, that's the only one I've dug up from searches. I'll give them a call this afternoon. Who is Crazy Ted?

If it can be done Ted can do it. He does great work and knows what is best for each individual job, He did both my C5 and my 928 .

That's me. Thanks guys for the recommendation. There is a link in my signature for my detailing thread. I will send you a PM today.

Classic Gold is capable of doing the job but they are more of a body/paint shop. I recommended Ted because while he is short and has a funny haircut he can still make stuff shine!

:agree and if Ted can't make it happen (which I would be totally surprised) then you;re right, Michael at Classic Gold would be your next stop ..... :cool

Wills has taken care of my truck, my two minivans, and my vette. Wills and his sister are hardworking, trustworthy, and great detailers. I highly recommend them!

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Damn, no love guys? :)

Not only love, but also loyalty.

Oli, much appreciated as always man. Was just talking about you today to a client of ours, he was looking into getting himself a Vette...was telling him how you were our first Vette detail lol. We've done one or two (dozen) more since then :) Appreciate you trusting us with your ride(s) as always man...hope you and your family are well.

Sorry Will.... But

Ted is on here almost everyday.

Ted attends ACE events all the time.

We know Ted as a friend and not just someone looking for customers.

You post every 3rd week about a detail or two that you did and thats it.

Start showing some interest in ACE besides just a customer base and we'll feel better about promoting your business!

I'd say wait until you get your "claim" processed. The same thing happened to me years ago - I got overspray from foam roofing all over my car, and the construction company sent out a mobile detailer to clean all impacted vehicles. 2 cents.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Sorry Will.... But

Start showing some interest in ACE besides just a customer base and we'll feel better about promoting your business!

I have nothing against Ted ...but i saw Classic Gold as #2 recommended ....I guess he's a more active ace member than me? Oh and for the record, i keep in touch on a one on one personal basis with quite a few guys ive me thru ACE...and i kick in info when i can if it is something i happen to know about and can offer advice. And though it's not something i'd flaunt, I'll put it out there since you're trying to call me out...but i just sent a new member your way, he's a client/friend of our who just mentioned he was looking into finally getting himself a Vette after wanting one for the past 14 years...so i told him about ACE....guess I was just promoting my business by doing that too huh?

Sorry Will.... But

I have nothing against Ted ...but i saw Classic Gold as #2 recommended ....I guess he's a more active ace member than me? Oh and for the record, i keep in touch on a one on one personal basis with quite a few guys ive me thru ACE...and i kick in info when i can if it is something i happen to know about and can offer advice. And though it's not something i'd flaunt, I'll put it out there since you're trying to call me out...but i just sent a new member your way, he's a client/friend of our who just mentioned he was looking into finally getting himself a Vette after wanting one for the past 14 years...so i told him about ACE....guess I was just promoting my business by doing that too huh?

Oli gave you a positive bump, why are you pissing and moaning? If you want more positive responses as a whole then get a presence on here and maintain it, it really is that simple. If you want to bitch about the guidelines we've established, they were put in place to ensure that ACE is primarily about helping our members and not a place for just anyone to simply stop in whenever they are slow just to promote and stir up some business. As far as Classic being active, hell yes, he is a former Vette owner and about to purchase another one soon if all goes well, its true he hasn't been that active on the forum as late but he has attended two events in the last few months. Joe has done great work for people here and that is why people go over the top to recommend him so don't finger point to deflect attention another direction. Dwayne called you out, welcome to ACE, it's going to happen. Again, get involved, stayed involved, the rest will take care of itself.

As far as Joe goes, that was a foul Wills. Joe NEVER comes here promoting his business. Joe actually did some work on my car not too long ago and I mentioned how he doesn't come on ACE anymore. He told me he felt weird because he did not have a vette anymore. We chatted about that and he has been to two events since then. And like Jim said, he plans to get one again and I am sure he will post more again when he does...but seriously doubt he'll ever ask for business when he does. All the promoting of Classic Gold is by happy customers, not the owner. ACE is about the people, not anyone's promotion of their business. If you don't like that, there are other forums. As it is, I think you're lucky you even got "vendor" status.

Classic Gold for body and paint And Ted for paint correction / shine both #1 in my opinion.. :thumbs I have done business with both. And both have done excellent work In fact Ted just did my car.. :yesnod

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Sorry Will.... But

Oli gave you a positive bump, why are you pissing and moaning? If you want more positive responses as a whole then get a presence on here and maintain it, it really is that simple. If you want to bitch about the guidelines we've established, they were put in place to ensure that ACE is primarily about helping our members and not a place for just anyone to simply stop in whenever they are slow just to promote and stir up some business. As far as Classic being active, hell yes, he is a former Vette owner and about to purchase another one soon if all goes well, its true he hasn't been that active on the forum as late but he has attended two events in the last few months. Joe has done great work for people here and that is why people go over the top to recommend him so don't finger point to deflect attention another direction. Dwayne called you out, welcome to ACE, it's going to happen. Again, get involved, stayed involved, the rest will take care of itself.

I wasn't pissing and moaning..at all...but didn't appreciate the "Oh you only come around just to try to get work" comment...THAT is what i was replying to....my first comment saying "Dang no love" was pure sarcasm...nothing more...so no i didn't appreciate the comment that was made after that.

2nd of all...Ive helped PLENTY of members...not clients....members on here who have had questions related to car care and paint care...thats my specialty...thats my forte...so if i don't reply to other questions...honestly, its because i don't know the answer...so i stay out of it...but for questions posted in the detailing arena..yes, i reply to those because i CAN help...and like i said, plenty of times its been me just giving someone advice on what THEY can do for their problem...not what they can pay me to do.

3rd, i have no beef against Classic...at all....but the comment made about me "not being an active part of the community", as i said above...was not called for. I have nothing against Ted and i have nothing against Classic...if i did, don't you think i woulda said more than my little sarcastic "Dang no love guys? :)" comment?

Lastly, yeah...he called me out...and I'm responding. I'm not pushing my shit in ANY other area and like i said above I've offered my own advice free many times to ACE members AND I've said PLENTY of times...to ACE members in person...and publicly on the forum..how much I appreciate you guys letting me post here and how much help it has been for me and my sisters business...so to say i show no interest in ACE or its members is b/s. If all i was doing was trying to build a customer base, I'd DAMN sure not give free advice on how someone can fix a problem themselves....I'd ONLY say, pay me...i'll do it...and thats not how i roll.

So SORRY if I don't have the time to have 1,000 posts....but if being 27, busting my ASS to keep our business going and spending a shit load of time trying to get BETTER at what i do....is a crime here...then go ahead...call me out. Cause yes, i do want work and i work hard to get it....being self employed and trying to build your own business is no cake walk...trust me...and thats why I HAVE shown appreciation to places like ACE who have helped me....and so in return...i try to give back the only thing i can...and thats my knowledge. So while I've sat here and openly thanked you guys who have allowed me to post on here...I won't sit and have something said about me thats not true and have no reply.

As far as Joe goes, that was a foul Wills. Joe NEVER comes here promoting his business.

Joe actually did some work on my car not too long ago and I mentioned how he doesn't come on ACE anymore. He told me he felt weird because he did not have a vette anymore. We chatted about that and he has been to two events since then. And like Jim said, he plans to get one again and I am sure he will post more again when he does...but seriously doubt he'll ever ask for business when he does. All the promoting of Classic Gold is by happy customers, not the owner.

ACE is about the people, not anyone's promotion of their business. If you don't like that, there are other forums. As it is, I think you're lucky you even got "vendor" status.

As i said above, i was not attacking Joe...not where i was coming from...I just wasn't going to sit and have someone basically accuse me of mooching off of ACE and accuse me of not 'being involved'. I can relate to Joe actually, though I don't know him...I can definitely relate....cause yes...i'd feel funny showing up to events NOT being a Vette owner. I work....I work hard and I work a lot...and when I'm not doing a job...I'm working to try to get more to come in....I have no one to do any of this for me and it's not a part time thing...this is what i do to eat and it's very hard to separate what it is that I do from what 90% of other "detailers" do. So I post to try to show the difference that we offer...I also post to bring to light the POTENTIAL each car, Vette or other wise, has as far as its paint condition goes....and I post to help to educate others on my specialty.

If you wanna say you think I'm lucky I even got a "vendor" status, thats your opinion. I never asked for it...it was offered. The whole reason i stick to mainly the detailing section of ACE is BECAUSE of attitudes like the ones that are shown above...i get it....im a dirty outsider who doesn't even own a Vette and is on here only to look for business.....I can't make you change your mind about that...all I can do is continue to offer the free advice, tips and how to's that I've always offered...and in a few cases when I've had spare time I've even offered to show some guys in person for free..how they can get better results if they want to detail their own ride. Thats all i can do...thats all I've ever done....so I'll say what i've always said...I appreciate ACE and its members, but I won't take someone trying to bust my balls either.

....my first comment saying "Dang no love" was pure sarcasm...nothing more...

ooopps!!! I totally thought you were serious! :lol

You got vendor status because you were here and we weren't going to just tell you to go away. Our hope was that you would get more involved and maybe attend an event our two, hell you might even pick up more customers that way.

But your reply looked like your were upset because your name wasn't recommended by the 2 or 3 posters above your reply even if none of us had used your services!

Careful how you post because the keyboard doesn't convey attitude very well!

JLs Mistress

Re. "Damn, no love guys? :) "

I know for a fact this is not the first time people felt you are here for the money not to help . On the Lx Forum some think the same thing about you . In the past month Ted has detailed 3-4 of the LX cars because he shows up at meetings and talks to these guys as a car guy not as a detail company . That's a lesson you could learn . Like it was stated above you don't always come across the way you think you do on a keyboard ?:cfdeadagain

So if you call this someone trying to bust your balls so be it .....

Guest badbobs95

Sorry Will.... But

Will you guys chill out? It's Easter! Wills is trying to promote his business, Ted is trying to promote his business, Joe is trying to promote his business, everyone is! They have both given us a lot of instruction on how to do it ourselves, me included. I have learned so much from these guys. Posted Image

Now, everybody play nice, please. Posted ImagePosted Image

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

....my first comment saying "Dang no love" was pure sarcasm...nothing more...

ooopps!!! I totally thought you were serious! :lol

You got vendor status because you were here and we weren't going to just tell you to go away. Our hope was that you would get more involved and maybe attend an event our two, hell you might even pick up more customers that way.

But your reply looked like your were upset because your name wasn't recommended by the 2 or 3 posters above your reply even if none of us had used your services!

Careful how you post because the keyboard doesn't convey attitude very well!

Naw man for real..i wasn't upset...like i said...and i MEANT it...ACE guys have been very cool to me. I've had total douche experiences with OTHER forums who either want me to pay $100 a month to advertise or if i even TALK detailing they've booted me. I won't name names but I once just answered a question a guy had about a Flex compared to a PC...and shortly there after i was booted because they found out i detail for a living lol...insane.

So no, i wasn't upset...was seriously just being sarcastic...i kinda thought the " :) " would have conveyed that...but i guess not. I'm being totally honest when i say i'd feel a bit odd showing up at an event for Corvette guys...and I'm long and far away from owning one....but i will say i've made some legit friends from here...started out as just business...but ended as friends and I'm appreciative for that.

Again, I'm glad you let me talk about/show my work on here and I'm glad you allow me to share what i've learned through my 1000's of hours of doing this stuff. If i knew more about anything be it...mechanics or mods etc....i'd sure as hell be sharing that too...but I don't (not for vettes anyway), so i try to give back all i've got..hope you get where I'm coming from.

Re. "Damn, no love guys? :) "

I know for a fact this is not the first time people felt you are here for the money not to help . On the Lx Forum some think the same thing about you . In the past month Ted has detailed 3-4 of the LX cars because he shows up at meetings and talks to these guys as a car guy not as a detail company . That's a lesson you could learn . Like it was stated above you don't always come across the way you think you do on a keyboard ?:cfdeadagain

So if you call this someone trying to bust your balls so be it .....

I'll call it...if you have a problem with me...then speak up to me directly about it...don't go say something in the middle of a forum ASSUMING something that obviously isn't true. There is a search bar...look up my posts...look at how many posts i've made just bluntly telling guys hey, this is what i think you should try to do. Thats just in the open...PM's or emails or phone calls would add even more to my point.

As for Ted showing up to events and getting jobs from LX guys...thats all fine and dandy. I seriously DONT have time for it. My sister and I just had our best month business wise this March...and we had it because we've been working sun up to sun down 6 days a week. So, if when i get a day off...I decide to spend it with family or my girl or just wanna kick my feet up...and that gives you cause to wanna crack on me cause I dont show to events...thats fine, you can feel how you want...if you expect me to CARE...well...no, i don't lol.

And again, i can say the same thing about the LX forum....I never go anywhere as just a business...I'm me first...always have been...always will be...and thats WHY many ACE, LX, Camaro etc guys like US...not just our work, but us...cause we aren't all about...get a dollar and move on. We actually build relationships with a lot of our customers. Hell I just went to an LX members house right before SEMA....he wanted to hire us to do his Challenger...but had put too much $ into all of the other mods he'd done to be able to afford to have us do it...so he bought the supplies himself so he could do the work himself and my sister and i drove all the way out to him to help him remove all the body shop dust and over spray from his car (which he had partly done already) and then give him a crash course on how he could compound, polish and protect his paint and get it into much better shape before he took off to SEMA.

Our charge...$0. He was nice enough to pay for gas and give us some $ for lunch...that was his kindness, not our demand. Since I KNOW we do things like that...then yes, i do take offense when someone accuses me of being "Just a business"....I'm not just a business...damn sure not a corporation....We're just a 2 person operation trying to give a damn good service to anyone who wants it...and give all the advice we can for anyone who wants to hear it. You wanna have a negative outlook on me because of that...go ahead...but i know better...and hopefully all of what I've just put will help you to know better too.

So...like i said up top, if you or anyone else has any question as to who i am or what I'm about...try confronting me straight up...not behind my back. Im not thin skinned and i have nothing to hide...obviously.

Maybe to SOME of you I don't come across the way I "think i do" at the keyboard simply because you interpret me and have preconceived notions about me even though you've never talked to me directly. But to those who have...i guarantee you they'd say differently. Client or not.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Sorry Will.... But

Will you guys chill out? It's Easter! Wills is trying to promote his business, Ted is trying to promote his business, Joe is trying to promote his business, everyone is! They have both given us a lot of instruction on how to do it ourselves, me included. I have learned so much from these guys. Posted Image

Now, everybody play nice, please. Posted ImagePosted Image

:thumbs Agreed, play nice...and Happy Easter back at ya :)