NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I need help getting my lights blacked out

Crash Test Dummy

Crash Test Dummy

I am looking to Black out the side marker lights, turn signals and rear lights. Who has the hook up on this?

JLs Mistress

Blacked Out tail lites Doug weeks 480-266-8413 has blacked out two of my cars ... Think he is on Facebook also.... I forgot to mention this is a mobil service...

Got mine done at Classic Gold. They did all my lights for a pretty reasonable price. Cleared and everything I think they look great. Posting from my tablet so if the video doesn't show then just clicky on the link. Got it to load so you don't have to clicky.

I got my clear side marker lights (with amber & red LEDs) from Corvette Mods. They have full kits for blackout on C6 lights. www.corvettemods.com

Posted Image

I went to autozone or pepboys and got a can of their blackout spray and did it my self and it came out pretty good, the can was ~$10 or so. I have been very happy with them.

Crash Test Dummy

I Heard about overlays and am thinking something that can be undone easy if ever needed to be. Although Paint would probably be cheaper, hmm.

I got my clear side marker lights (with amber & red LEDs) from Corvette Mods. They have full kits for blackout on C6 lights. www.corvettemods.com

Posted Image

those look amazing! I will look into clear on the sides and see how they look on the blue.

Thanks for the help

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Final Effort

I've used VHT for this since the mid 90's. Never had a problem and it's NOT rocket science. 1can can do minimum 2 cars.

Unplugging them should black 'em out I would think. And that's free!!!

Final Effort

I've used VHT for this since the mid 90's. Never had a problem and it's NOT rocket science. 1can can do minimum 2 cars.

I'm nervous about painting my side markers, because I have covers on the front and back. I suspect the painted side markers will appear to be substantially different than my tinted covers.