GoPro

Grape Ape

Would like to get the go pro camera and was wondering which one would be my best choice? I am leaning towards the go pro 3 black edition as it has the HD and more MP size for photos. Pros and cons to what ever you all have experienced would be helpful on any model.

HERO3 gets terrible reviews. The original HERO gets better reviews, can be had used for much less, and it shoots HD video. If you have a newer iPhone or Android phone, there are apps available that increase the functionality of the video camera, and those also shoot HD video - just add a windshield mount (or other mount of your choice). I'd recommend giving that a shot first before spending the significant amount of coin on a dedicated camera that may not live up to expectations.

Azmotorhead

I've got 2 a original Hero and a HeroHD. I would also include other mfg as well. No matter which gopro the audio is horrid. The HD is much better than the original. & I've heard the new Gopro is even better than the HD. Look at what you want to shoot and then make sure mounts are available to do what you want.

Hero 3 has 120 Frames per second and a wider range of options including Wi-Fi remote control live feed

I really don't plan on doing a whole lot with it as I only have the 1 toy at the moment, the Vette. I just want to be able to mount it on there someplace on some trips and what ever else might come along. My phone is still a stupid phone and haven't talked myself into one of those new fangled smart thingies and probably won't for a while. I have read that the audio is not that great on the gopro but was thinking maybe an extension with a decent mic routed into the car somehow might get rid of the wind noise. Definitely want the HD though. Thanks for all the tips. Looks like I have my work cutout for me on some research. That ghost one looks to be pretty decent as well.

Well, I bought Justin's HD go pro. Thought maybe it would help in my decision if I want to upgrade later on. Cheaper alternative then just buying new and not liking it. Now I just need to figure out how to use it.