Gas

SL1D3R

Rolled down to get some gas. Put $10 in the tank and was expecting the computer to tell me that the mileage until empty just increased. Nope. Didn't go up at all. Back in Washington, I normally notice a difference. Did I just put hot air in my gas tank or what?

Got gas today at Costco and it was $3.95 a gallon, So $10 would be just a hair over 2 gallons. Bet it cant detect that low of a change. :) I put $25 in and got 1/2 tank+

You have to put gas in. Car won't run on paper money...

HaHaHa!!! Nice ...

. . .Put $10 in the tank. . .

This amount of gas would evaporate between the pump nozzle and the tank during dispensing. :facepalm::lol

On my old "Clunker" (as Dawg calls it) I have a built in extra security device (probably not available on C5s or C6s). When my gauge says I have 1/2 a tank, I know to head to the gas station since I have about 3 gallons left out of 20. During the build we didn't replace the sending unit when we put in the new fuel pump (my mistake). One of the guys that worked on the car actually ran out of gas on the 101 during a test drive due to the bad reading. So if the car is ever stolen the police will be able to find it along the road somewhere out of gas! :eddie2:

On my old "Clunker" (as Dawg calls it) I have a built in extra security device (probably not available on C5s or C6s). When my gauge says I have 1/2 a tank, I know to head to the gas station since I have about 3 gallons left out of 20. During the build we didn't replace the sending unit when we put in the new fuel pump (my mistake). One of the guys that worked on the car actually ran out of gas on the 101 during a test drive due to the bad reading. So if the car is ever stolen the police will be able to find it along the road somewhere out of gas! :eddie2:

Does that mean you actually think there's a possibility that someone might steal it? :facepalm:

Does that mean you actually think there's a possibility that someone might steal it? :facepalm:

You never know. While my son was in college he started out driving a red Neon and had it stolen twice in less than 2 years. Of course some of you C5 and C6 owners may not think that my old C4 is as fast or sexy as a Neon, but I beg to differ. :smilelol

I just filled both cars and the bank said I was over extended and wanted my first borne as collateral for the next loan..... ( I could only be so lucky they would take him )

It may be cheaper now, in the long run, to fix my cracked gas tank