NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Intake manifold - Done

Probable Cause

These look great hydrodipped, but make sure you clean up the areas where the fuel rails mount.

Posted Image

Remove the material from these posts using a dremel or file until you get to the base material. I only circled a few, but hit them all.

Probable Cause

These look great hydrodipped, but make sure you clean up the areas where the fuel rails mount.

Posted Image

Remove the material from these posts using a dremel or file until you get to the base material. I only circled a few, but hit them all.

thanks! I have my bastard file ready to go :-) Do I need to file just the tops or the entire posts?

Looks great. I take it this is going to be a show car as well as your driver? Where pray tell did you get this done?

Probable Cause

I have a takehome vehicle for work and therefore drive the vette very little. I am doing everything I can to this car to make it pretty for me, and maybe 1 day it will be nice enough to be a show car. I got the hydro dipping done by Gorilla hydro graphics here in Tucson. The intake manifold is red carbon fiber and all the other plastic parts are black carbon fiber. Now I need to buy chrome caps.I will eventually have the alternator chromedand buy a cover for the brake fluid reservoir and the power steering fluid reservoir. I will have those hydro dipped as well.

Careful with chrome underhood and having it open on sunny days. They can reflect and start to melt hood liners...right Tim (P51tj).

Careful with chrome underhood and having it open on sunny days. They can reflect and start to melt hood liners...right Tim (P51tj).

Yes reflected light on the "carpeted" after market hoodliners can melt them! I believe if your is a painted OEM then you should be fine.