Battery Question

ZWOW6

I feel i will be needing a battery sometime this summer...just a hunch. Besides Optima red top what battery has a top post and side connection on it ?? My car is 07 Z06 so I need the top post but want a battery with the ability to attach my stereo amp to the side. Are the optima batteries overrated ? Some say so some people dont. I might buy a red top if i could find one at a good price if you guys say its worth the money. What brands are yous guys running ? Thanks Tim

I feel i will be needing a battery sometime this summer...just a hunch. Besides Optima red top what battery has a top post and side connection on it ?? My car is 07 Z06 so I need the top post but want a battery with the ability to attach my stereo amp to the side. Are the optima batteries overrated ? Some say so some people dont. I might buy a red top if i could find one at a good price if you guys say its worth the money. What brands are yous guys running ?

Thanks Tim

Having just looked into this when replacing the battery in my C5Z I can share what my take away was from this hotly debated topic. There are a lot of people that have, and continue to, enjoy success with the Red Tops. Other than looks, I don't bnelieve there's much of an upside to them at this point though and possibly some down sides. From a fubnctional standpoint, pay attention to is CCA and RC on the battery. I went with a Kirkland from Costco and couldn't be happier, especially for the price I paid.

Again, there may be different considerations for a C6 that I'm not aware of though.

Guest badbobs95

When it comes to batteries, everybody has an opinion. Mine is if you can afford an optima, why not buy the best battery Die Hard makes every two years and save money. I bought the best that WalMart has with a 5 year guarantee and after two years went in to have it tested. The guy said it shows "needs to be replaced" and he promptly put a new one in at NO CHARGE.

They only last 2 or 3 years out here anyway. He even told me I will never have to buy another battery as long as I own my car because no battery will last 5 years in our heat. Posted ImagePosted Image Not bad!

the optima i had in my c5z was 6 years old. :silly: That said i was not going to replace it with an optima when its time was up. wayyy to expensive.

I still get good life from optimas and will continue to use them in my vette, but like BadBob I went to walmart for my RV batteries, they replace them every 2 years with no problem... :lol

optima isnt what it used to be, i still prefer them to a standard wet cell. just dont let it go dead or the life of the battery will either end right there and then or soon after that. the exeption is the yellow top (deep cycle) but those are realy expensive

Do you guys know a common brand battery with both the top and side post on it ?

Besides Optima I know there is a Diehard with dual terminals, not sure if it'll fit your car though

joe@cpr.com

I used to be an optima fan boy but over the last few years they have been complete garbage from what i have seen. i have had great success w/ the napa gel battery's in all of my vehicles.