C6 Radio Hummmm

Eddie44

Just in case anyone else has the problem or developes the problem. I had a high pitch whine or humm in my radio. It was worse in the summer but then went away for a few months. It started coming back but was still intermittent. Recently it came back full time. Friday I took it into Courtesy Chevrolet because it was still under warranty. They had great difficulty but finally were able to locate the culprit. It was a wiring harness in the rear of the stereo that was just pinched, not even bare wires. When the tech moved it the whine quit so he put it back and it whined. Moved it and it quit. They have rerouted the harness and I haven't heard it since picking it up. Just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else is experiencing the same problem. It's one of thos gremlins that could drive you insane.

I had a high pitch whine or humm

I thought you were going to tell us they pushed Kim out the door and the noise was gone...... :eek. (does she read ACE?)

Good info for later use if anyone else has the problem pop up.

I had a high pitch whine or humm

I thought you were going to tell us they pushed Kim out the door and the noise was gone...... :eek. (does she read ACE?)

Good info for later use if anyone else has the problem pop up.

Yes she does. That'll cost you a double helping of BBQ Saturday.