Pfadt header NicD tune results!

Jon

It's official. My car either has a stock cam ground different or smaller combustion chamber heads. 437rwhp and 427rwtq with the stock cam. 20rwhp than the highest bolt on LS3 that Nic has seen so far. I'm not complaining. :partydance::partydance:

Dyno conditions were perfect. The correction factor was 1.00, lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW !!!!

You better hurry up with those mods Victor. I'm comin' for ya! :banannarainbow:

I still can't shift as good as you though. :(

Woot!! That's bad ass dood!!

Hell ya!

Jon, did you buy that car brand new?

Sure did!

Nice.... :partygrnhat:

I'd say that beer goes to Tom just by a nose ahead of me. :cfdeadagain

You won actually. Tom went over. Price is Right rules. I'll go update that thread.

So the extra 20 ponies could be from the headers since he hasn't seen them before, plus you have the new ported intake that I'm pretty sure he hasn't tuned before either... Not knocking your numbers, that's an awesome achievement with bolt ons, I'm just saying it might not be a weird cam or heads... I know Tri-Ys are a really good design, I had a set on my 82...

I was at 413rwhp before the headers. Right around what Nic says most full bolt on LS3's do. My car is just freaky high compared to all the other LS3's that Nic has seen.

Yeah but it could be a 385 to 395 car with regular headers and no ported intake.... Right? I just think you extra power could be the header design and porting that NicD hasn't seen until now, in a year your numbers might be the new normal bolt on base if everybody went with Pfadt headers and Joe's porting....

His stock numbers though are absolutely silly high.if he yanks those heads off I want to get them checked to see if they are factory specs or they where made a little special ;)

Bone stock it was 397rwhp 403rwtq.

I don't remember seeing that, but I'm old.... Ok you got an extra squirrel in your LS3 then :lol

Still nice numbers!

yeah but my numbers are no where near Jon's so I wouldn't have anything to brag about .... :lol And all of my nominal money just went into a wide body!

You may not dyno as high, but you would see 35-45rwhp from the ported manifold and headers. Maybe a bit higher, but 35-45 is a good conservative estimate. With a tune of course.

Yeah it's not the headers the damn thing was making like ~20 more rwhp even in stock form compared to all of the other LS3s I've seen, and I've seen more than I can count. It's certainly got something special going on because it's held that ~20 rwhp advantage mod for mod as well.

I'm at 387 thru an auto with LS7 manifolds, cats, Xpipe and a NicD tune now, I don't think there is more than 20 or 25HP to be gained going Pfadt and ported. Thats a lot of nominal money for a few HP!

I'm at 387 thru an auto with LS7 manifolds, cats, Xpipe and a NicD tune now, I don't think there is more than 20 or 25HP to be gained going Pfadt and ported.

Thats a lot of nominal money for a few HP!

It's not always about the peak numbers, Dawg !!!!

If you could fatten up the midrange RPM torque number with those numbers stated above, you'd definetly feel the difference....the so called "under the curve" power.

One of the mechanics at CPR has an A&A kit that he might sell. That will give ya under the curve Dawg. :) Then your orange beast can be as fast as it looks. Or a good 2800-3200 stall. FTI has A6 stalls now. They drive docile until you hit it.

Nice numbers! I've been thinking about a ported LS7 intake and tune as well. Hey Joe, how much rwhp/rwtq do you think I could pick up? Tony

I'm at 387 thru an auto with LS7 manifolds, cats, Xpipe and a NicD tune now, I don't think there is more than 20 or 25HP to be gained going Pfadt and ported.

Thats a lot of nominal money for a few HP!

Jon got great results. I wish Pfadt had those headers a few years ago.

I was at 382 with your mods plus a Vararam several years ago. Now with catless LG streets and a ported intake I'm up to 411. I've done a little track tuning since then and a duct tape mod too.