Noob intro

legalbeagle

legalbeagle

Name's Angie. Got an 01 C5 Coupe. Done a little to it: Corsa exhaust and x-pipe, Donaldson blackwing, drag radials. I run it at Firebird and Speedworld. Personal best so far 13.3 at 107. Should be into the high 12s, but, just got the DRs, and the weather hasn't been cooperating.

Hope to meet some of you some time....

3,503 lbs of trouble
Hope to meet some of you some time....

Welcome to the group!! Hope to meet you too, and I am sure we will. As for the 8th, that should be a blast, but sorry we will not be there. My wife Karyn has surgery today so she will be out of commission for a couple days.

If you want to do some racing, some of us will be at the track on May 7th (Firebird). I will be coming back from a trip to Yuma, for work, and may stop by to watch.

Glen (ICULUKN) will be there racing his C5 trying to get into the 10's.

legalbeagle

Dang! Too little, too late, I guess. I unfortunately already have weekend plans. But I'll keep my eye on the calendar and will hopefully be able to meet up.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to trying FB with the DRs. I ran at Speedworld last Friday, and didn't do as well as I usually do at FB. Could have been the heat. Dunno. :blink: Guess there's always next week....

Desertdawg

Hi Angie, welcome to the ACE. and Please be careful around some of the jokers in this group.....Me included... :thumbs:

legalbeagle

I ain't skeered!

:D

BTW - I think I'll be trying Firebird this Friday, the 14th....trying oh so hard to dip into the 12s....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey there girlie,

I'm always happy to see another new lady with a C5 on the scene. OR with any Corvette for that matter.

And the fact that you love the 1/4 mile is a huge bonus as well. (We seem to have a lot in common so far.)

So, welcome to the forum and the ACE Club. We are having a Topless Cruise on June 12th, would love to have you along.

Great job so far on your car and the work you are putting into it. Keep it up and nice to see another girl out there.

Take Care,

Tanya

legalbeagle

Tanya! I have to meet you! I have felt like an oddball for so long!

Unfortunatley, I have a wedding to go to this Satuday. But I understand Speedworld is doing a 12 midnight to 6 am thing on the 26th. I am planning on going. Could use the cool air....

Otherwise, let me know what other nights you might be racing and I just may meet you up there.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Angie,

I think I may just meet you up at Speedworld on the 26th. That sounds like a great time. It has been a while since I have been on the track. I used to race my heavily modified 2nd Gen Turbo Eclipse nearly every weekend until I sold it for the Corvette a year or so ago. I have not had the Corvette on the Track, but have raced our Formula a few times since the Eclipse was sold within the past year.

I plan to start racing the Corvette, but was waiting until I started modifying it a bit more. Well, the modding has begun and Im ready to get back on the track. (I have been going through withdrawals.) I don't have any DR's but I am dying to get out there.

Is your car an A4 or a Manual? Maybe the hubby will take the Formula out and get some new numbers on it as well.

Talk to you soon.

Take Care,

Tanya

• 4 weeks later...
Guest XLR8TNC5

I apologize for not making it out to Speedworld out there on the 26th. I ended up having a wedding reception to attend that night.

My plans are to hopefully be on the track within the next two weeks.

I'll Instant Message ya when I plan to go.

Take care,

Tanya

P.S. did you make it out for the 26th to the midnight runs?