Automakers defend turbo mileage, performance

Marana Rich

Interesting. I've seen some eco-boosted cars crush bigger displacement competition with only bolt-ons. I think the GTR would have something to say against the new C7 since it shits on the power GM is making. GM probably doesn't know WTF they're doing which is a better explanation of why they didn't do it.

GM probably doesn't know WTF they're doing which is a better explanation of why they didn't do it.

As long as GM sells an automatic tranny in a Corvette it will beat the gtr.... too soon?

GM probably doesn't know WTF they're doing which is a better explanation of why they didn't do it.

As long as GM sells an automatic tranny in a Corvette it will beat the gtr.... too soon?

What makes you think an equal RWHP automatic Corvette can't already beat a GTR...when tractions available ?

If/when the C7 gets an automated twin clutch transmission, it will be even better.

You do remember this video from LG, with the "current" C6 Z06 and an EMCO sequintial ?

Even with crappy 60' times and 90 degree Texas heat, DA +3076, this car ran 10.90's@128+ .....and those are uncorrected times :rockon2:

And to think my best 60' times would've left Lou holding his lunch box during these runs :edward:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUSPwmN9MWE

This is just bench racing, of course :smilelol

I may be missing how GMs auto beats the GTR and how this turned into a 1/4 mile thread?

Slush boxes don't belong in performance cars. The order is M6>Flappy Paddle>Slush Box. Now the GTR owns the auto vettes all day because it has launch control and can shift itself even though it's not the old auto design.

A sequential shifter may as well be an auto.

If you think that then you've never driven one. There's a big difference between shifting a real sequential and padle-shifting a slush box.

I have to agree with Drew. I have very limited experience with paddle shifting a C6 A6 and I was not impressed. Pull paddle. Wait. Wait more. Then it shifts. Pull paddle again. Wait. Hit rev limiter, then it shifts. No thanks. Whereas a real sequential shifts RIGHT NOW. BOOM.

Bromley's Corvettes

I like my sequential snifter

Posted Image

I hear you its pretty wild being able to go wide open right off the line and have trac control and air shifter. I can bring it up to 10.500 rpm and just barley touch the shifter and bam its in the next gear. Sounds pretty cool with the open pipe Posted Image

. The order is M6>Flappy Paddle>Slush Box.

I have two of those, the flappy paddles and the slush box, isn't two better than one? (wive don't count)

I have to agree with Drew. I have very limited experience with paddle shifting a C6 A6 and I was not impressed. Pull paddle. Wait. Wait more. Then it shifts. Pull paddle again. Wait. Hit rev limiter, then it shifts. No thanks.

Whereas a real sequential shifts RIGHT NOW. BOOM.

You're not alone in thinking the paddle shift in a C6 sucks for full time use. Most people who drive manuals think the A6 is supposed to be driven that way, just because they can.

The real use is simply to have the capability to retain a particular gear outside of the normal programmed shifting parameters.

Manufacturers have had the dual mode capability for years, but have always had the mechanism in the shift handle. Electronically controlled transmissions now allow the mechanism to be more conveniently located in the steering wheel.

A sequential transmission is not an automatic. You still have to manually change gears and you can't bypass a gear either.

A sequential shifter may as well be an auto.

If you think that then you've never driven one. There's a big difference between shifting a real sequential and padle-shifting a slush box.

:agree No man pedal required. Even a woman can do it.