• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Shifty

• Big Poppa

• Probable Cause

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May I play Dr Phil for a bit? Ok, I'm going to anyway.........

We hate to see this die out, you had a great start but I think you're trying to (with good intentions however) overdue and over-think it. Every Sunday is too often, at least right out of the gate and you get folks more involved. I'd suggest starting with once or twice a month and announce it well in advance. Then rotate some Saturdays into the mix just for the folks who maybe can't do the Sunday thing.

Next, spread the locale and type of restaurant around a bit. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY so don't take it personal. Elliot if you're willing to take the helm then you pick the location, if they don't want to come they won't. However, this kind of thing is more about the commraderie than the food. If you get a group assembled then discuss the next location before you disperse, way easier to make a decision face-to-face when the input is immediate than on the forum when folks might not check in everyday.

Just trying to help guys :thumbs

Ya, every weekend is a little too much, IMHO, and every time won't be chock-full of peeps either. Don't give up this early Elliot! On another note, Mrs.'Shifter and I parked next to three Corvettes at HotRods, but they were gone when we left. I'm guessing that were in teh bar upstairs. Food was good again today, that's three-for-three vote from me.

I still really want to go out there and its not that I mind doing this its that I do not want to be the only one. This one was what 3 weeks after the last one I was trying to spread them out I just also would like to avoid bringing my Son to these, not because I don't love having him with us but because 3 people in a Vette... doesn't work well.

But I agree every week is to much and after talking to Big Poppa and Probable Cause I think the best way is we will just decide on what were doing for now and post it up here for others to join us. If they join in great, if not no harm. This way I don't feel like I am trying to push people into coming or telling me what to do. I just want us to be able to enjoy gatherings from time to time and hopefully start cruising around here because well... I want to cruise.

However on a side note here are the pictures I got of Probable Causing getting the Hooters girls outside. He was one happy camper :smilelol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Alright I have been trying to handle work, signing papers and getting key on the house this week, classes, the vette and mustang fun, and get some progress on the Children's car show for Cancer... I have gotten some done. But after all this hell I am going to add yet another... I want to take the Vette out this weekend to Old Vail Hot Rod Cafe. Whoever wants to join I am thinking Sunday Afternoon. If you don't like it then go somewhere else.

Well folks...kinda hard to figure out who is doing what and what time..........but I am guessing 1130 at Hot Rods.....I will be there....maybe with a group or by myself...but I am there....

Next Sunday was this Sunday but my trip got cancelled. Dammit. Unless something stops me, I'll be there at 1130. Quite very likely on the bike, but there none the less.

We will see you guys there! And Patriot Z, were you out last night with us?

As for time and who' going it varies on who and the time and directions are always in the first post.

• 4 months later...

Alright I am going to try and bring this back, once a month again and see how everyone feel's. I picked the 28th which is a Saturday at 1PM so if you want to change the time or move it to Sunday let me know! I am also as always still open to any place you would like to go, Poppa says this place rocks so lets try it out. Lets just make it clear we don't want them to spit in our food just because he is around..... :LolLol:

I recommend starting a new thread. I may join y'all vette or not, but pretty sure you'll get a better response with a new thread.

Looks like I have that weekend off.....Either day works for me. Sunday probably a little better. I agree with BP best to start a new thread. It will get lost buried in this one.