CPR Ported LS3 manifold results

Jon

Ok Tom here is my response to your post on corvetteforum

I am keeping him secret because people will try and go over my head is what it really boils down to. I have time invested into this as well and deserve to be compensated for it. And it makes plenty of sense of course the car will pick up power with a tune and guess what it didn't go into any sort of unsafe a/f territory. Jon was not at any sort of losing deal on this, he got a great deal on a ported ls3 intake (cheaper than i sell them for retail) didn't pay for any dyno time and didn't pay for any install labor. I proved with out a doubt this intake picks up power and naturally someone has to try and denounce it. If i had messed w/ any tuning people would say well look there it picked up power only because of the tune. that was not my goal at all!

Not a problem Joe. I had no idea who was involved, so I was just trying to caution Jon to look past the free part of the arrangement. From his initial description, it looked like it could have been the old carpet cleaner scam where the homeowner always loses. Most manufacturers provide free products in exchange for consumer test results, but since you're the retailer, that part didn't apply either.

While I agree with the before/after test without a tune to see what the manifold does, almost anyone doing that mod will also tune. So the ultimate test would have been 4 pulls. 1 bone stock, 1 stock w/tune, 1 ported w/stock tune, and 1 ported w/tune. Of course, getting Nic involved would add to the complexity. I did think it was interesting to see what the CAI did, even though a CAI dyno result doesn't mean much compared to real world driving.

The end results were pretty much what I expected with the exception of the a/f ratio at higher RPM.

I'm sure he'll be happy after the header install and tune. It already makes me think about switching to Pfadt, so I'll be waiting for those results too.

:cheers

no worries :) can't wait to see what it does w/ the pfadt headers!! they truly are a work of art

I can't wait for the headers! There is a dude on LS1 Tech saying that all LS3 ported manifolds are nothing more than trickery and pixie dust. I posted in the Gen 4 external engine section if anyone wants to pop over and read it, lol.