CPR Ported LS3 manifold results

Jon

Final pull with my Callaway installed was 413rwhp.

Here's the pulls with stock air intake and stock manifold versus stock air intake and ported manifold.

Posted Image

Nice Torque gains across the board, I'm sure if you had more airflow froma a centri S/C it would be even better

Ok Tom here is my response to your post on corvetteforum I am keeping him secret because people will try and go over my head is what it really boils down to. I have time invested into this as well and deserve to be compensated for it. And it makes plenty of sense of course the car will pick up power with a tune and guess what it didn't go into any sort of unsafe a/f territory. Jon was not at any sort of losing deal on this, he got a great deal on a ported ls3 intake (cheaper than i sell them for retail) didn't pay for any dyno time and didn't pay for any install labor. I proved with out a doubt this intake picks up power and naturally someone has to try and denounce it. If i had messed w/ any tuning people would say well look there it picked up power only because of the tune. that was not my goal at all!

There will always be somebody nit-picking something. It went from 11.7 air fuel near peak torque to 11.9 when we put the ported manifold on. In the upper RPM's the air fuel was 12.2-12.3 regardless of stock or ported intake. Do I think it would make more power with a tune? Sure, but I'm not going to spend my money or Joe's money to show an extra few rwhp on a stock application. I think what we have shown is valid. Porting a stock LS3 intake is worth power with everything else stock.

Nice Torque gains across the board, I'm sure if you had more airflow froma a centri S/C it would be even better

Pfadt headers next week. :partydance:

So about 10hp, nice!

:rockon2:

Also, as I add headers and a cam, the ported intake will have more of an impact on the combo.

Nice, just make sure you get the right size of headers for the application, if you get too large you can actually lose power until you have the other supporting mods in place, I purchased mine on based upoun my long term goals.

Nice, just make sure you get the right size of headers for the application, if you get too large you can actually lose power until you have the other supporting mods in place, I purchased mine on based upoun my long term goals.

I made that mistake on my GTO when I was talked into 1 7/8" headers. The Pfadt are 1 3/4".

I made that mistake on my GTO when I was talked into 1 7/8" headers. The Pfadt are 1 3/4".

1 3/4 will be perfect for NA and light boost applications, plus the Pfadt look awsome

Smart guy right here... :thumbs

First off don't post on corvetteforum, period. Secondly, don't read corvetteforum. The end. LOL Oh yeah, I once had tuned a KB vette for somebody and they went and posted it up there about how the VE table was over 100% and that it wasn't possible or accurate. I just shook my head and didn't even bother to respond because the bandwagoners that don't have a clue all posted up about how that was impossible.

I guess you could have really f*cked them up if you told them an NA motor can go over 100% VE, LOL.

It was crazy really, they were saying that because it wasn't into boost in the vacuum regions there was no way it could be over 100% VE. One of them was the "tuner" I believe for kenne bell. I can't even begin to count how many cars tuned speed density that go well over 100% in the VE table with nothing more than a camshaft or even bolt ons sometimes.

First off don't post on corvetteforum, period. Secondly, don't read corvetteforum.

The end.

LOL

What else am I going to do on night shift at 3am? :P

First off don't post on corvetteforum, period. Secondly, don't read corvetteforum.

The end.

LOL

I much prefer reddit or one of those types of sites. LOL

The end.

LOL

All I can picture is Homer Simpson working at the nuclear plant.....at 3 a.m. :smilelol

All I can picture is Homer Simpson working at the nuclear plant.....at 3 a.m. :smilelol

Lol. I'm not a Reactor Operator. I work in the turbine building next to the 1200# steam pipes and 450# feed pipes. Pumps powered by 13.8kV and 4.16kV.

Lol. I'm not a Reactor Operator. I work in the turbine building next to the 1200# steam pipes and 450# feed pipes. Pumps powered by 13.8kV and 4.16kV.

Sounds like Navy speak to me :lol

Pretty much 90% of the people in civilian nuclear power started in Navy nuclear power. It used to be more, but the nukes coming out of the Navy are getting dumber. So we've been hiring college grads with engineering and chemistry degrees.

Pretty much 90% of the people in civilian nuclear power started in Navy nuclear power. It used to be more, but the nukes coming out of the Navy are getting dumber. So we've been hiring college grads with engineering and chemistry degrees.

I wonder if Homer Simpson was ex-Navy ??? :smilelol

J/K.......didn't mean to de-rail the thread. Back to the big boy discussion.

Ok Tom here is my response to your post on corvetteforum

I am keeping him secret because people will try and go over my head is what it really boils down to. I have time invested into this as well and deserve to be compensated for it. And it makes plenty of sense of course the car will pick up power with a tune and guess what it didn't go into any sort of unsafe a/f territory. Jon was not at any sort of losing deal on this, he got a great deal on a ported ls3 intake (cheaper than i sell them for retail) didn't pay for any dyno time and didn't pay for any install labor. I proved with out a doubt this intake picks up power and naturally someone has to try and denounce it. If i had messed w/ any tuning people would say well look there it picked up power only because of the tune. that was not my goal at all!

Not a problem Joe. I had no idea who was involved, so I was just trying to caution Jon to look past the free part of the arrangement. From his initial description, it looked like it could have been the old carpet cleaner scam where the homeowner always loses. Most manufacturers provide free products in exchange for consumer test results, but since you're the retailer, that part didn't apply either.

While I agree with the before/after test without a tune to see what the manifold does, almost anyone doing that mod will also tune. So the ultimate test would have been 4 pulls. 1 bone stock, 1 stock w/tune, 1 ported w/stock tune, and 1 ported w/tune. Of course, getting Nic involved would add to the complexity. I did think it was interesting to see what the CAI did, even though a CAI dyno result doesn't mean much compared to real world driving.

The end results were pretty much what I expected with the exception of the a/f ratio at higher RPM.

I'm sure he'll be happy after the header install and tune. It already makes me think about switching to Pfadt, so I'll be waiting for those results too.

:cheers

So about 10hp, nice!

:rockon2:

Also, as I add headers and a cam, the ported intake will have more of an impact on the combo.

:agree I know I picked up more power from the ported intake even after I tweaked the tune. You're going to be much happier with the header/tune now.