Gila Bend BBQ #11

Desertdawg

Sorry guys, can't make it (I know that will break Dawg's heart). But I thought I'd better share this with you anyway. On the run to TF a couple of weeks ago, I followed Babbob in his yellow C5 most of the way. In doing so I noticed that with the car being yellow and all the black trim on it, it looks like it could be Sheriff Joe's first unmarked vette police car!! When you guys are going to GB, if you see Babbob reaching for what appears to be some type of notebook or pad, be careful, be very careful!! :eddie2: Have a good time in GB anyway Bob! Hope I didn't blow your cover. :facepalm:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• mchriste1

• Robert1Stock

• SLAMMER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mchriste1 + 1 Hi, my name is Michael Christensen and I have been selected (pushed more likely) to take over the Yuma Ace group from Rich Welch. Any correspondence should come to my email, mchriste8@msn.com. I hope I can continue to do the good work Rich has done over the years. Thanks!

When? I missed it...

March 16th. You can't see the comment line of the post if you're viewing from a phone btw

The list is updated!

When? I missed it...

Bruce, are you in?

Me and my wife want to invite a couple of you over for lunch.

when: March 16th at noon

where: Gila Bend, see maps below

why: we're just crazy like that sometimes

how: Donations - to pay for the food and the ACE website.

I plan to go by the scenic route ... Off the grid... if anyone is interested. More turns, more views, different route than the main drag. Secret route though.

Guest badbobs95

Sorry guys, can't make it (I know that will break Dawg's heart). But I thought I'd better share this with you anyway. On the run to TF a couple of weeks ago, I followed Babbob in his yellow C5 most of the way. In doing so I noticed that with the car being yellow and all the black trim on it, it looks like it could be Sheriff Joe's first unmarked vette police car!! When you guys are going to GB, if you see Babbob reaching for what appears to be some type of notebook or pad, be careful, be very careful!! :eddie2:

Have a good time in GB anyway Bob! Hope I didn't blow your cover. :facepalm:

You're just being silly! Never thought of it that way but you might have something there. Posted Image plus Posted Imageequals Posted Image

Added Bruce & Patty, Ron & Eva :thumbs Bruce, by careful on that other route, plenty of flying pebbles on that road!!!

Plus 2 again, SHEESH! WOOO HOOOO!

You can't bring 3!!!!

Don't start that crap in my event thread.. :toetap

I saw what you did in Marco's event!

:lol

Added BobMagg +1 :thumbs

Added Bruce & Patty, Ron & Eva :thumbs

Bruce, by careful on that other route, plenty of flying pebbles on that road!!!

It's fine at posted speed. I like the scenic route and go that way a lot. Plus, zero traffic. Space out , no racing, enjoy the scenery! I hate 85 south. That's a dangerous road at best. Plus a trafficking corridor extraordinaire.

I hate 85 south. That's a dangerous road at best. Plus a trafficking corridor extraordinaire.

Do you know that 85 south is now a divided 4 lane highway from I-10 to one mile short of Gila Bend?

Added Lemondrop

4 lanes of boredom punctuated by moments of terror. Better than it was for sure, but be careful as it has issues. Think of it like the 19 out of Nogales. Drive safe!

4 lanes of boredom punctuated by moments of terror. Better than it was for sure, but be careful as it has issues. Think of it like the 19 out of Nogales. Drive safe!

Well you in drive slow on whatever two lane "safe' roads you wish Miss Daisy. When you're caravaning 80+ cars its kind of nice not dealing with oncoming traffic :lol

Caravans are great. Miss daisy just likes to go a different route and see some scenary. No worries, be safe.