Now I need some help

Guest aka Kyla

Guest aka Kyla

So my friend who is a boy but not my boyfriend and I don't think he's a friend anymore now. I'm sure you'll agree after you read this. Well he was reading some of the older threads here about how you all would hold a saturday wrench day to change parts or service your corvettes, so he said him and a friend were going to do that too and that I should probaly change my oil too since it has 3000 miles on it now. I know my friend isn't very mechanical but his friend has a garage full of tools and jacks and all, plus he's owned some fast cars before even though right now he's driving a camery he got from his dad, he's shown me pictures of his other cars that he said would beat my stock corvette. So I let my Xfriend take my corvette over there on saturday, well he didn't bring my baby home but he called and said after all the other work they did on another guys car that mine didn't get finished, he texted me a picture of it still on the jacks. So I tell him to lock it up and to bring my baby home on sunday. I tried calling him all day yesterday and since I can't remember exactly where his friend lives I was stuck and not able to get my car, This morning I get a text from his friend to get a tow truck to come get my car because now it won't run. I'm so scared at this point I call my boss because he knows cars... Well he takes off to go get it while I'm still here, he said to not worry. I just got off the phone with him and they are taking my corvette to the dealership on a roll back. He tells me they were changing the oil and like they always have done they mixed some cleaner up to clean out the old stuff. My boss said it was simple green and water and something called gojo cleaner, aperantly they screwed it up because my boss said this was poored into the motor to clean it. After they put the new oil in it it won't run now. He was laughing but said to not get upset. My boss said he's going to call me back and I don't know what to say, it was running ok on friday so I don't know if its somthing I did. What do I tell him?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Blow Yer doors Off

• Desertdawg

• Two Fangs

• Marco

Simple green and water into the motor???? WTF??? Dude f'd you pretty bad I think. He needs to pay for any repair that needs to be done...possibly whole new motor...but that would be a law suit if he doesn't pay.

Guest aka Kyla

My friend just texted me and said it was probably the factory battery, he is going to get it running by push starting it, I'm not going to answer him because it's already not there. The longer i sit here th more worried I get, I think I just saw a gray hair.

Guest aka Kyla

He needs to pay for any repair that needs to be done...possibly whole new motor...but that would be a law suit if he doesn't pay.

It can't be that bad can it, it's brand new.

I hope they didn't damage you're engine. What made them think that was a good idea? They obviously suffer from cranium rectumitus. (Head up ass)

Don't delete your ex-friends texts, and start writing down what he has told you. your probably going to need it!

This has to be a Joke They probably hotrodded the car and blew the engine up, putting Gojo in there has to be the stupidest thing anyone could do. S

Guest aka Kyla

I wish it was, I just got off the phone with my boss. He said the roll back driver showed him were they jacked it without spacers on the fenders too. So they poured in the cleaner then drained it and reved it up to dry it, My boss said the guy there said they do it all the time. Well it was at his parents house were they did this so my boss said Dads homeowners policy is going to take a hit. My boss's name is Dave, so I don't have to keep typing my boss :lol Sorry just sick right now. I guess you guys may be right and the motor is blown. I'm heading to the dealership to meet them.

Here' hold my beer and watch this! sorry, I couldn't resist! I'm going to pay for this later, aren't I?

There should have been NO WAY your car was gummed so bad up with only 3000 miles on it for them to do something that stupid The next question is, what kind of oil were they going to put in it? Vettes come from the factory with Mobile 1 and replacing with any synthetic would have been fine but I prefer the Mobile 1 myself. Just because someone has a serious set of tools, doesn't follow that they know crap about cars. Hell, I was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force and I don't know 1/3 what these guys on the forum know when it comes to motors and vettes in general. I'd say your xfriend really hosed you over. If there is any water left in the motor at all, as a minimum you would probably want to let your car run for maybe 30 min or so and drain the oil again;hoping that the water mixed with the oil or evaporated off but its hard to say what kind of damage the Simple Green and the gojo caused. I forsee either a complete engine rebuild or a new engine in your future. Good luck with getting them to foot the bill on the repairs.

What do I tell him?

STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR .......... AND GET OUT YOUR CHECK BOOK !!!!

just damn :banghead :banghead :banghead

I think i just puked im my mouth...a little. I didnt know people were that dumb....3000 miles? This has to be the worst story ever

I guess we forget how stupid we were in our 20's even SO everyone should know not to put water in where the motor oil goes. Even if ..........NO THERE IS ZERO EXCUSES. And to think these people could be sitting right next to you at a stoplight sharing the road. SLAMMER