Jets And Vettes

Guest LikeNu2

Guest LikeNu2

Some of you may know me as Woodworkr and others as the guy that does that Corvettes Against Cancer show every year. Others yet may be saying who the he** is this guy. Anyway, we are in the process (baby steps mind you) of putting together a show on Memorial Day Weekend (tentitavly for Saturday May 29th) to honor our men and woman in uniform and more importantly those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for all of us so that we may live our way of life and to have the freedowm of being able to own and drive our Corvettes when and where we please.

We are calling the event Jets and Vettes because it is going to be held at Luke Airforce Base. I have a meeting with the base commandar for the week of March 21st to go over some of the details. The commandar would like to see at least 100 cars on the flight line. OH did I forget to mention that, from the talks already the show is scheduled to take place on the filght line and there may even be a couple of F-16's right there with the cars. There are a few other things that I have knocking around but can not say at this point, not until we have the meeting. I would love to see 200 cars there but I will take what ever I can get. What I need here is this: If any of you members of this forum or any of the local clubs would be interested if you could send me an email saying that you would like to attend. With that I can go to the meeting and show the commandar that we have X amount of people that are commited to the show already. The plan so far is to have a $25 entry fee with all money going to the families of service men overseas that are at war fight for us now. It is going to be a wash and shine, peoples choice show with voting to be done by all spectators.

Much more to follow. But I think that we should all show our support for our armed forces fighting to defend our freedom, weather you agree with the war or not. This is not intended to be political but rather a way of saying Thanks.

Please email me at zo6corvette@qwest.net

Thank you for your support,

Joe Bria :flag:

Another great idea for a great cause Joe! I have a son who is in the Army and spent 15 mos in Baghdad, so I can only think of a few causes that are as worthy. My wife and I leave for the Hotrod Power Tour the next day but you can count on me to be there! :thumbs:

This is another great event that I think ACE could really get behind. Joe called me about this last night and it sounds like it could be a really good time.

Joe - sorry I didn't get the post put in last night, we had a plumbing problem that has kept me tied up recently. Just finally got dried off and paid the plumber to fix my mistakes.

So, lets see how many Vettes and drivers we can get committed to this event.

If you are a member of another club such as Sun Country, Scottsdale Corvette, Desert Corvette, Tucson Corvette, Sierra Vista or Prescott please pass the information along to your other club members.

Once we get dates and information that are more firm I am sure we will post this at Cruzin Arizona and try and get it on the calendars of as many other Vette clubs as possible.

Joe is "old school" A.C.E. member that has always given everything he can to the community and to the Corvette crowd. He has put on the Corvettes Against Cancer cruises and done a fantastic job. Lets rally behind Joe once again for a great cause.

Guest Sidewinder

I can give a free tour of any Fighter/Attack aircraft on the ramp. I will post the dates for the airshow. I saw the dates at work today but can't remember them. This will be the first show of the Thunderbirds yearly airshow schedule. They will be premiering all their new "stunts". Hell, I just wanna get my car on the flightline and :burnout: :smilelol:

Mark

Guest LikeNu2

Accorcing to the luke home page, luke days is scheduled for March 19 and 20. There is some rumor that I hear from some on the base is that they are thinking of moving our show up to be there with the Firebirds. NOw how cool would that be!!!!! But I hope they leave it as Memorial day weekend, at least give me some time to get things organized.

Sidewinder seeing as you work on the base should you hear any scuttlebutt about the show please email me at the address in the origional post.

Joe

Guest LikeNu2

ooops sorry you are right its the Thunderbirds. But I do hope they will wait until May for us to do this.

Guest LikeNu2

I have heard that if we hold the event in April, all up to the brass of course, that there is talk about bringing the Thunderbirds back for the show. This is all unverified information at this point. The base commendar is in Georga from what I understand and will not be back until Monday. I will have to wait and see.

3,503 lbs of trouble
ooops sorry you are right its the Thunderbirds.  But I do hope they will wait until May for us to do this.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I have heard that if we hold the event in April, all up to the brass of course, that there is talk about bringing the Thunderbirds back for the show.  This is all unverified information at this point.  The base commendar is in Georga from what I understand and will not be back until Monday.  I will have to wait and see.

Plus with 100K now on my T-bird I probably should not be attempting any barrel rolls with it.

This is the last guy to attempt a barrel roll in a T-Bird

salvagedtbird.jpg

This sound like a great event!. Hope it all comes together. :burnout:

We are in for this event. The wife an active duty F-16 mechanic and I being retired Air Force won't miss it. Last year they had the Viper clubs and Ferrari clubs at Luke Days and I was saddened that the Vettes had no face at the show. They even let the Vipers loose on the runway to give out rides! So put on your list, Tim and Johnnie Smith! Keep us informed and thanks for all the leg work for this event!

Guest Sidewinder
ooops sorry you are right its the Thunderbirds.  But I do hope they will wait until May for us to do this.

The Thunderbirds will ONLY be at Luke during the Airshow.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Guess this means I am giving up my Primm trip for the black and red vette gathering. So, count me in. Besides, it would look bad to have my AD USAF husband help put this together and me not show up. lol.

Im in.

Signed,

Sidewinder's wife

• 3 weeks later...
Joe -- What's the latest on this? Is this a go or not?

:toetap:toetap

3,503 lbs of trouble
Joe -- What's the latest on this?  Is this a go or not?

:toetap:toetap