Rear Brakes

new vette 62

Who in town can turn the rear disc brakes on my car? It is a 65 so they need to make sure they have less than.005 runout or it causes you to suck air back into the caliper because the pads move in and out. I have heard you need to take in the complete trailing arm to do this. The rotor on the drivers side has a gouge in it. It measures new but the gouge looks bad. Thanks in advance. Pay no mind to the picture that is the other car.

Sounds like one for Bromley. Sounds like a big job to get the brakes turned if you have to take the whole assembly in. Great lookin' car!!!

Bromley's Corvettes

I dont no a shop that will do it on the car. I take them off and turn them or replace them. I have heard of the run out problem but I think people make it out to be more then it is. If they really had to be that close most vettes would have no brakes lol. The wheel bearing and spindle can move in and out quite a bit and not cause brake problems. I think it has more to do with the caliper. You get good ones and bad ones. Some dont care some leak right out of the box.

Bromley's Corvettes

Oh damn thats going to liven things up a bit Posted ImageWho needs rear brakes when you have a 427 waiting to go in lol.