Questions/Answers for Insurance

aenigma

I was getting hassles from another insurance company when my wife got hit. They tried to put her partially at fault. At that point I said screw it and just filed with mine and let them deal with it. Paid my deductible and called it good. A few months later I got my deductible refunded when they got their money back.

That's awesome. Yes, we have a group of attorneys who will fight on your behalf to make sure that what we decide stays as it should. We'll even take the other insurance company to binding arbitration. It may take a while, but it's always a nice to see that deductible come back.

A lot of insurance companies right now refuse to take fault. That's what you pay your insurance company for, to fight for your rights.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aenigma

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Marco

I was rear ended, and the other parties insurance is saying that they might not cover all the damage because they might reach their coverage limits. They are wanting my insurance information. They say a can file a not at fault claim to cover the rest of the cost for the repairs. Never been involved in an accident like this, is it ok for them to do this ? Will it affect my premiums ? When its time to renew ?

Sorry for not responding. I didn't see this. Generally a not-at-fault claim will not raise your rates. There are a couple of companies that will affect your rates though. Yes, that's what your insurance is for, for other drivers who don't have insurance, or not enough. The property damage requirement to drive is $10,000. That won't cover most cars they hit or the multiple cars they hit. Hopefully, the amount that was given was enough to cover your deductible for using your own insurance to cover the balance.

Your insurance company will probably go after the at-fault driver to get back what they paid (if it's worth it to them).

Ok, you have my word, I am now checking this thread daily since these aren't going to my email, so if you have any questions, please post away. OR, call my cell at 480-570-7957. I would love answer any questions you have promptly, so call any time. Sorry all. I had no idea there were questions on here.

Hey Mo, I'm going to be doing some upgrade mods, do I need to upgrade my policy to a higher amount or just leave it alone? I'll have receipts. Jus wondering, thanks.

Hey Mo, I'm going to be doing some upgrade mods, do I need to upgrade my policy to a higher amount or just leave it alone? I'll have receipts. Jus wondering, thanks.

Yes. Definitely let me know everything you've done as well as what you think the value is. Let's make sure you're covered for them.

• 7 months later...

Hey all. Just want to mention this. For whatever reason, some of our instrument clusters go out and need to be replaced. If you buy a cluster and install it, the miles will be different. No big deal. However, if your car is listed as a classic vehicle, you must call your agent or classic insurance to let them know the miles read different.

The reason is that the classic car companies insure you based on your mileage driven every year. If you can't show your mileage to the insurance company after an accident, it may present a problem with the claim.

Again, no big deal to change out the cluster but just make the call after.

• 10 months later...
The Captain

Hello,

I am pretty new around here and also new with my first vette.  Currently have Farmer's for vette, IS 250 Lexus and homeowners.  Would you be willing to take a look at my coverage please and see if I can save a bit and still have the correct protection.?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I got rear ended on my bike sitting at a red light on Oct 1st ( ironically my birthday). My left wrist turned into the letter s and my t11 and t12 vertebrae fractured. It turns out the injuries to my back are fairly minor and should be right as rain in another month, thank god I had the foresight to put a spine protector in my jacket. My wrist injuries are what worries me, as a tech I need both my hands at 100%. If there is permenant damage I'm not sure if I can keep up in this career. Should I be looking at getting an attorney now or would it be okay to wait until the cast is off. I have short term disability insurance for the next five months and I'm not looking to clean out the other driver all willy nilly, but if I can't earn a living like I could before I'll have to find some way to make ends meet.

I would say if you are not thinking your wrist will heal correctly, I would consult with an attorney. Just remember your attorney will have his hand out for his 33 1/3 percent, then your health insurance will want reimbursed for your medical expenses from any settlement made to you. I guess what I am saying is look at the big picture / payout to see the "real" dollars you might receive.

If as I suspect you've been off work since Oct 1, I'd get GOOD attorney now. Joe's advice is excellent as to plan on a big hit to whatever settlement you see. My only other advice would be, don't shop for an attorney on TV. 

Bromley's Corvettes

Glad your mostly ok. I was also rear ended at a light. I always look behind me and stay in gear but the light was about to change so I was looking forward and a girl bummed me. She was on her phone texting her bf lol. It was very slow speed so I stayed on the bike and no damage but I was kinda mad. I though about grabbing her phone and smashing it lol. There are attorneys that specialize in motorcycles. Its no joke if your wrist is not the same it will change your life. Hard to be a top tech with a messed up hand or wrist.